Monster Treat Bowl
Monster Treat Bowl
- Cereal bowl or rice bowl, 5” diameter
- Polyform Sculpey Pluffy Clay: Green, Yellow, Purple, Black, Red
- Metallic green eyelash yarn
- Purple chenille stem
- Red pom-poms, two
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin and old credit card (for cutter)
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- scissors, ruler, pencil, sheet of copy paper, plastic place mat for work surface, juice glasses, sponge
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 2. Roll and flatten strip of Yellow clay on work surface. Use old credit card to cut several 1/2"-long triangles for teeth. Place teeth on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in oven for five minutes at 175º. Let cool before removing.
- 3. Turn bowl upside down on copy paper. Trace around perimeter of bowl with pencil. Set bowl aside. Roll and flatten two 4"-long logs of Purple clay (for lips). Place logs on drawn circle on paper. Use sponge to make surface texture on clay. Place paper with clay lips on parchment-lined baking sheet. Place several baked teeth under each lip. Set aside.
- 4. Roll two large balls of Red clay (for eyes). Roll two small balls of Yellow clay; slightly flatten and press on eyes. Roll two smaller balls of Black clay; press on yellow balls. Position eyes on baking tray.
- 5. Roll and flatten two ovals of Red clay (for feet). Roll six teardrop shapes from Yellow clay (for claws); press on feet. Press bowl on back part of feet leaving impression. Remove bowl and place feet on baking tray.
- 6. Roll and flatten 2-1/2"-long teardrops from Green clay (for arms). Press three Yellow claws on each arm. Wrap arm ends onto bowl to get shape on bowl rim. Carefully remove arms and place on baking tray.
- 7. Bake all clay pieces at 175º for about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- 8. Turn lips upside down and spot glue on underside. Place bowl over top of lips; let dry for two hours.
- 9. Turn bowl over and adhere arms; let dry for two hours before going on to next step.
- 10. Cut 12" of eyelash yarn and adhere above top lip. For antennae, fold chenille stem in half and bend ends; adhere pom-poms on ends. Let dry. Bend bottom of antennae and adhere behind eyelash yarn. Adhere eyes below eyelash yarn. Let dry.
- 11. Adhere bowl to feet. Use small juice glasses or coffee cups to support bowl on feet until completely dry for several hours or overnight. Fill bowl with candy.