Gingerbread Cookie Jar
Gingerbread Cookie Jar
- Glass cookie jar with metal lid, 5-1/2”x4”
- Polyform Sculpey Premo! Accents Clay: Gold, Frost White Glitter, Red Glitter, Magenta Pearl, Bright Green Pearl
- Seed beads, in various colors
- Clay roller or clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Small Christmas cookie or clay cutters: star, tree, bell, circle
- Krylon: Diamond Dust Glitter Blast Spray Paint; Clear Sealer
- White dimensional paint
- Pink chalk
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- ruler, plastic placemat (for work surface), aluminum foil, straw, scrub sponge, glass cleaner, soft cloth, foam brush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. On plastic placemat, condition clay until soft and pliable. Form mound of foil about 1/2" high on center of metal lid; adhere foil. Let dry. Roll two packages of Frost White Glitter clay to cover lid and sides. Wrap and press Frost White Glitter clay over foil mound (for "frosting"). Pinch sides unevenly around rim of lid. Set aside.
- 2. For cookies, roll Gold clay to 1/8" thickness. Use scrub sponge to make texture on clay. Cut out several Christmas shapes from clay using cutters. Set aside.
- 3. For gingerbread man, roll 1-1/4"x1" Gold pear shape. Insert toothpick into small end (or neck area). Roll 3/4"x1" oval (head). Indent smile and eyes using straw. Press head on top of neck area on toothpick. Roll two 1"-long Gold logs (arms). Insert half of toothpick in each arm; press into sides of body so one arm reaches upward and other arm curves on center of body. Roll two 1-1/2" Gold logs (legs). Bend one end of each log (for feet); press legs into sides of body in sitting position. Roll tiny Magenta Pearl ball (nose) and tiny Red Glitter ball (berry). Roll small Bright Green Pearl ball; flatten and cut out two oval shapes (holly leaves). Press nose on head and holly leaves and berry on neck. Bake gingerbread man on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven at 275º for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- 4. Apply glue onto bottom of gingerbread man; press onto top of frosting on lid.
- 5. Bake cookies on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven at 275º for five minutes. Let cool.
- 6. On covered work surface, squeeze white dimensional paint (for frosting) around top of gingerbread man, and on head, arms, and legs. Let dry. Apply paint on center of cookies; sprinkle seed beads over cookies while paint is still wet. Let dry.
- 7. Clean cookie jar with glass cleaner; dry with soft cloth. Spray outside of jar with two coats Diamond Dust, letting dry between coats. Let dry. Spray two coats of sealer on cookie jar, letting dry between coats.
- 8. Adhere cookies on sides of cookie jar. Adhere cookies around and on sides of gingerbread man. Let dry.