size: 11" square
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 3/16"x22"x7/8" block
- Polyform Sculpey II Clay: Elephant Gray, Hazelnut, Tan
- Supermoss Brand Instant Green Moss, one sheet
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- Parchment-line baking sheet
- scissors, ruler, toothpicks, plastic knife
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 2. Use plastic knife to cut plastic-foam block in half. Position half of plastic-foam block on moss sheet, leaving 2" on each side. Glue moss sheet on block. Let dry.
- 3. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning. For each stone, roll 1" ball from Elephant Gray, Hazelnut, or Tan. Form ball into log shape.
- 4. Create log shapes for rocks with arches, rocks standing alone, and rocks laying flat.
- 5. Use toothpick to create marks on rocks. Insert toothpicks into standing rocks, leaving some rocks with no toothpicks (for aches).
- 6. Position clay rocks on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake clay rocks in oven. Let cool completely.
- 7. Create Stonehenge circle by inserting toothpicks on rocks into moss block. Glue arch rocks across two standing rocks. Glue two rocks laying flat on moss block.