This is an “online only” idea from our 2017 Garden issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. Make 4¼”x5” side-fold card from white cardstock. Cut 4”x5” panel from striped patterned paper and adhere to card base.
2. Cut 3½”x4¾” panel from gold cardstock and 3¼”x4½” panel from black cardstock. Mount black panel onto gold panel and adhere to striped patterned paper.
3. Hand draw several circles onto black cardstock using white pen. Stamp sentiment in black ink onto 1½”x2” piece of white cardstock. Trim top and bottom edges with pinking shears. Adhere to card as shown and add details with black pen.
4. Die-cut pear, avocado, leaves, stem and seed from light green, olive green, yellow and brown cardstock as shown. Place avocado and pear on scrap paper. Starting on the scrap paper, use blending tool dipped in ink to add color to avocado, pear and leaves.
5. Use white pen to add accents to pear. Adhere avocado and leaves to card base using adhesive. Adhere pear and leaf to card base using foam dots. Tie bow using gold string and adhere to pear as shown. Tie a knot in black ribbon and adhere to top of sentiment.
*Tip: To change up the card, try adding two pears instead of the pear and avocado. The center piece and seeds come with the pear as well.