White card base, 5½”x5½”
Cardstock: My Minds Eye Kraft Funday Paper: KFD131, KFD107; solid blue glitter, patterned blue glitter
Polyform Sculpey Soufflé Igloo Clay
Self-adhering magnet sheet
Ketchup sticker of choice
Derwent Coloursoft Colored pencils
Polyform Sculpey Acrylic Roller
Staz-On Solvent Black Ink Pad
Stamps: Happy Father’s Day stamp of choice; Art Impressions Grill Father Rubber Stamp; Lavinia Zen Butterfly; Mama Elephant Happy Everything
Adhesives: adhesive runner, white craft adhesive
Smooth ceramic tile
*For helpful hints on stamping on clay visit our How-To section!
This idea was originally published in our 2016 Garden issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. Roll Igloo clay into 1/16” thick sheet with acrylic roller and place on tile.
2. Ink Grill Father and Zen Butterfly and stamp onto clay sheet. Allow ink to fully dry and trim around stamped image.
3. Bake Grill father and Zen Butterfly clay pieces following manufacturer’s instructions; let cool completely.
4. Color baked Grill Father using colored pencils and Zen Butterfly using Chameleon markers as shown.
5. For Father’s Day card, cut 5½”x5½” panel from dotted paper and adhere to front of card base. Cut orange dotted strip and wrap vertically with hemp cord. Adhere strip to left side of card front as shown. Stamp sentiment and adhere clay Grill Father with white craft adhesive onto card front. Let dry. Stamp Father’s Day sentiment and add ketchup embellishments to inside of card. Add additional thin vertical strip of orange print paper to right side as shown.
6. For Mother’s Day card, cut 5½”x5½” panel with rounded corners from patterned glitter cardstock. Adhere to front of card base. Stamp “happy” on solid blue glitter cardstock and round corners. Adhere to card front as shown. Adhere clay butterfly onto card front with adhesive. Let dry. Stamp Mother’s Day sentiment on solid blue glitter paper and round corners. Mat sentiment with patterned glitter paper and round corners.
7. Cut small piece of self-adhering magnetic sheet to fit clay embellishments. Create pocket for magnet on back of each card using scrap piece of paper.
Tip: On inside of card add: “To create your magnet, carefully remove clay embellishment and adhere the self-adhesive magnet located on the back of this card!”