Cardstock: orange, lime, aqua
Canvas Corp Green and Ivory French Linen Striped Paper
Die cutting and embossing machine
Small sponge daubers
Clear acrylic handles
Imagine Crafts Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves, Morocco
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen: Fluorescent Orange, Fluorescent Green, Fluorescent Yellow
Stampendous: Cottage Home Stamp and Die Set, Family Home Stamp Set, Fitted Frames B Die Set, Pop Up Die Set, Stone Wall Stencil, Flower Lace Stencil
This idea was originally published in our 2016 Garden issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. Make 4½”x6” top-fold card from orange cardstock. Sponge brown ink around edges.
2. Cut 4¼”x12” strip from Green striped paper and place folding edge of pop up die 6” from top edge. Run through die-cutting machine. Fold along center fold line and the three vertical pop up tabs.
3. Stamp floral garland along bottom of striped paper strip, curving back and forth to create a path as shown. Place stone wall stencil along path and apply brown and black inks with sponge dauber.
4. Stamp garland across top edge of striped paper strip in a scallop pattern as shown. Color in flowers and leaves of garlands with gel pens. Sponge green ink around outside edges. Trim ends for even matting around edges. Adhere stamped strip onto inner orange card, being careful not adhere center flaps. Fold card flat for crisp folds.
5. Die cut house base from orange cardstock. Cut 1” square from orange cardstock with rounded corners for chimney. Emboss both house base and chimney piece with stone wall stencil following this layering technique: base plate, stencil, cardstock, embossing pad, two clear plates on top. Swipe Morocco and Cocoa ink over embossed surface and around edges of orange pieces.
6. Die cut roof from green cardstock and emboss with flower lace stencil. Swipe Bamboo Leaves ink over surface and edges of roof.
7. Stamp door and steps on house base with black ink. Stamp door and window in black ink on aqua cardstock. Color in windows with yellow gel pen. Cut out and adhere window and door to house base.
8. Adhere house base to large front pop up. Adhere roof to middle pop up and chimney to top flap. Trim backs of pompoms and adhere as “smoke puffs” from chimney as shown.
9. Die cut rectangle fitted frame from aqua cardstock and cut in half. Stamp sentiment with black ink onto panel and adhere to card as shown.