Cheery Lynn Designs
- Navy cardstock
- 7 Dots Studio Messy Head Collection Papers
- Beads, three
- Rhinestone flourishes
- Thin jute twine
- Thin plastic-coated wire
- Die-cutting machine with Cheery Lynn Designs Dies: Concentric Circles Mesh (B402), Coved Rectangle – Scalloped LG Stackers Nesting Dies (XL-11), Horizon Rectangle Boutique Stacker Frames (DL270), Heartland America Large (DL110), Tropical Leaves (B119), Large Rose (B155), Sweet Williams (D137)
- Paper embossing tool with foam pad
- Sewing machine with white thread
- Paper adhesive
- paper trimmer, spray bottle of water, scissors, ruler, scissors
- 1. Make 4"x7" navy side-fold card.
- 2. Cut 3-7/8"x 6-7/8" woodgrain panel. Die cut circles mesh from paper; adhere to woodgrain panel, trimming off excess. Sew around panel edge; adhere to card.
- 3. Die cut coved rectangle from aqua grid paper, boutique frame from splotched text paper, and smaller coved rectangle from light paper; adhere to card as shown.
- 4. Die cut two scalloped hearts from vellum. Sew hearts partially together around edge, leaving small gap. Pour sequins into heart through gap; continue sewing closed. Adhere to card, keeping adhesive toward edges and away from sequins.
- 5. Die cut lattice heart from pink paper; adhere to card.
- 6. Die cut leaves from aqua grid paper; cut leaf spray into individual leaves. Spritz leaves with water then shape with embossing tool; set aside.
- 7. Die cut rose flowers and Sweet Williams flowers from text paper. Spritz flowers with water then shape with embossing tool.
- 8. Tie bead onto 3" length of wire. Apply adhesive to one rose die cut. Thread wire through flower center, sticky side up, until bead rests on flower. Fold petals up around bead. Repeat with one rose and two Sweet Williams die cuts. Knot wire behind flower; trim off excess using scissors. Repeat to make three flowers.
- 9. Tie two twine bows. Adhere rhinestone flourishes, leaves, bows, and flowers to card.
- 1. For a step-by-step instructional video on making the flowers shown in this project, click here.