Feathers Monoprint Card
- White cardstock
- White copy paper
- Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate
- Ink brayer
- Stamps: Hero Arts Feathers, Stampabilities foam flower
- Small bubble wrap
- Acrylic paints: shades of green, blue, pink, silver metallic
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Jet Black StazOn Ink
- Metallic gold paint pen
- Paper adhesive
- How to Monoprint
- 1. Apply small amount of paint to plate; spread using brayer. Use single colors or combine for mottled effect.
- 2. Create design on plate using soft tools of choice (such as stamp, sponge, string, bubble wrap, paintbrush, soft-tipped stylus, stencil) to remove paint from surface. (Note: Sharp tools may damage surface.)
- 3. Position white copy paper over plate. Gently smooth paper over plate surface, then carefully pull off to reveal design.
- 4. Let paint dry to use as-is, or create layers by repeating Steps 1-2 and adding to same piece of paper.
- 5. Trim printed sheets to desired size when dry. (Note: Printed sheets can be stamped and embossed as desired.)
- 1. Create background using Gelli Plate, creating various layers and impressions. Apply green and blue paints first, making impressions with flower stamp and bubble wrap; print to paper. Apply scant amounts of pink and silver paint; overprint on paper. Let dry.
- 2. Stamp feathers with black ink.
- 3. Trim printed design to 3-1/2"x4-1/4"; edge with gold paint marker as shown, using ruler as guide.
- 4. Make 4-1/4"x5-1/2" white side-fold card; adhere print to card front.