Crayon Resist Autumn Card
Crayon resist is a fun and easy way to add interest to your homemade cards. Draw inspiration from other fall elements - like acorns, owls, or pumpkins - to create an entire set of autumn-themed cards to send to family and friends.
- Cardstock: glossy white; black; copper
- Ribbon: sheer black; white/black gingham
- Oval bookplate with brads
- Autumn leaves stamp set
- Dye ink pads: black, orange, yellow, red
- Small oval punch
- Paper piercer
- Foam sponge
- Sharp, white crayon
- scissors, ruler, facial tissue
- 1. Card is 5-1/2"x4-1/4".
- Crayon Resist Autumn Card
- 1. Cut copper cardstock to 5-1/2"x8-1/2"; score and fold in half.
- 2. Cut 3-3/4"x5-1/4" white cardstock piece; stamp black leaves. Using sharp, white crayon, draw short lines around and on images, a few on each leaf where natural highlights might occur.
- 3. Sponge all ink colors over images, except black. Use tissue to rub over inks, blending them further. The white crayon will resist color.
- 4. Stamp sentiment on white cardstock and punch into oval. Place oval inside bookplate; insert brads.
- 5. Mat stamped panel on black cardstock. Layer and wrap ribbons around panel as shown, securing ends at back. Pierce holes through ribbon and layered cardstock; insert bookplate brads. Adhere panel to card.