Stitched Burlap Card
Make sending greetings a special experience for everyone with this cute card. Family and friends will appreciate your personal touch.
- Pale blue cardstock
- Burlap, scrap
- Lace, scrap
- Assorted rust buttons, three
- Contrasting all-purpose thread
- VIVO by SINGER Create & Repair Machine
- Fabric adhesive
- 1. Cut 8-1/2"x5-1/2" cardstock panel.
- 2. Cut 4-1/2"x2" burlap strip and 4-1/2" length of lace.
- 3. Position burlap on right edge of cardstock, 3/4" from bottom of cardstock. Tuck lace under top edge of burlap strip, overlapping by 1/2".
- 4. Set VIVO by SINGER Create & Repair Machine for straight stitch. Thread top of machine and bobbin with all-purpose thread, in color that contrasts with burlap. Carefully stitch 1/4" from edge along all four sides of burlap. (Note: The more slowly the card is sewn, the more control you will have guiding the cardstock while stitching. The presser foot will help guide the cardstock evenly while stitching.)
- 5. Backstitch at the beginning and end of the stitching to help secure the thread in place. (Note: Backstitching secures machine stitching so threads do not become loose and pull out. It is done by reversing a few stitches on top of or just next to those machine stitches at the beginning or end of a line of machine sewing.)
- 6. Remove card from machine. Trim thread tails.
- 7. Fold cardstock in half to make 4-1/4"x 5-1/2" side-fold card.
- 8. Adhere buttons to burlap as shown.
- 1. Want to learn more about the VIVO by SINGER Create & Repair Machine? View a video at youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ix5uvls5ND8 for helpful information and other basic sewing information.