Road Trip Key Box & Card
This road trip-themed card and box set is perfect for Father's Day, a masculine birthday, or just because. Keep Dad cool and organized with this set or switch the theme to another of his favorite pastimes.
Road Trip Card
Road Trip Key Box
Inside Key Box
- Wooden box, 2-3/8”x3-1/4”x5”
- Stampin' Up! Cardstock: Very Vanilla; Basic Black; Baja Breeze; Riding Hood Red
- Transportation-themed stamps: motorcycle, gas pump, road map, road sign, sentiment
- Ranger Ink pads: Archival Jet Black; Tim Holtz Distress in Faded Jeans, Aged Mahogany and Black Soot
- Ranger Adirondack Red Pepper Acrylic Paint Dabber
- Artist’s gesso
- Inkssentials tools: Non-Stick Craft Sheet; Ranger Foam Blending Tool
- Paper adhesive
- paper trimmer, paintbrush
- 1. Sizes: box, 2-3/8"x3-1/4"x5"; card, 5-1/2"x4-1/4"
- 1. Make 5-1/2"x4-1/4" black top-fold card. Cut smaller red panel; adhere to card front.
- 2. Cut 3-1/2"x3-3/4" cream panel; randomly stamp panel with Faded Jeans map image. Stamp Aged Mahogany road sign over map background. Blend Aged Mahogany ink around panel edges with blending tool; repeat with Black Soot ink. Mat panel on black cardstock; adhere to right side of card as shown.
- 3. Stamp Jet Black motorcycle and sentiment on cream panel cut to size; let dry. Blend Black Soot ink around panel edges; mat on black cardstock. Mat again on Baja Breeze cardstock; ink edges Black Soot. Adhere to card.
- 1. Remove hardware from box. Using blending tool, apply gesso to box; let dry. Paint box Red Pepper; let dry. Use blending tool to ink box edges Black Soot. Stamp Jet Black images onto outside of box as desired.
- 2. Cut two cream panels to fit outside and inside of lid. Follow Card Step 2 to stamp panels. Mat panels on black cardstock and adhere to box surfaces.
- 3. Stamp "Road Trip" or desired sentiment and motorcycle image on cream cardstock and cut to size. Blend Black Soot ink around edges; mat on black cardstock. Adhere to stamped background panels.
- 4. Replace box hardware. If desired, line bottom of box with piece of black cardstock cut to size.
- 1. For a different look, repurpose a map from an old atlas to use in place of stamping the background panels.