Birthday Goodies for Him
sizes: card, 3"x7-1/2"; goodie bag, 4-1/2"x4-1/2"
Hero Card & Envelope
Daddy-O Goodie Bag
- Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacifi c); Brown Scalloped (Bazzill Basics)
- Brown/white patterned (The Scarlet Lime)
- Sheer/satin stripe brown ribbon
- Wooden button
- Small jump ring
- Transparency sheet (Hewlett Packard)
- Computer with printer and decorative fonts (Scrapnfonts.com): DB Dad Monogram; DB Geo Borders; DB Just for Dad
- Creative Cutter Inspiration computerized cutting system (Pazzles) or envelope/bag cover templates
- Sewing machine and dark brown thread
- Fine-line permanent pens: Zig Pure Black (EK Success); White Gelly Roll (Sakura)
- Craft punches: 1/16” hole; 1/2” circle
- Small cellophane bag
- Hero Card & Envelope
- 1. Make white side-fold card base. Cut 1"x7-1/2" strip from one scalloped edge of brown cardstock; adhere to back of card under fold, allowing scallops to show.
- 2. Cut patterned paper slightly smaller than card front; machine stitch here and there along edges to add interest. Tie ribbon into bow around paper and adhere to card.
- 3. Print letters HERO onto white cardstock using DB Dad Monogram font; cut out and mat on brown cardstock. Adhere letters to card.
- 4. Use cutting system or template to cut white envelope; fold and assemble as indicated.
- 5. Punch thirteen 1/2" circles from brown cardstock. Beginning at center, adhere circles beneath envelope flap to look like scalloped trim; trim excess at ends.
- 6. Dot scalloped trim on card and envelope with white pen. Dot white card edges with black pen.
- Daddy-O Goodie Bag
- 1. Use cutting system or template to cut bag cover from brown cardstock and patterned paper; cut lowercase "d" or other letter from both pieces in same place. Save cut-out patterned circle from letter.
- 2. Cut same-size letter from white cardstock; trim 1/8" to 1/4" around outside edge of negative space left after cutting to create "frame."
- 3. Trim 1/4" from right edge of patterned paper cover and adhere layers together. Dot brown edge with white pen.
- 4. Adhere frame letter to bag cover opening; dot with black pen. Cut and adhere transparency behind opening.
- 5. Print sentiment tag, "Daddy-O" label and scroll border on white cardstock; dot tag and border edges with black pen. Adhere scroll border to top front edge of bag cover. Fold and assemble bag as indicated.
- 6. Punch small hole in top of tag, upper right corner of label and two small holes close together at bottom right side of patterned "d" circle.
- 7. Attach tag to circle with jump ring. Tie twine through button and adhere to circle; adhere circle to bag opening. Tie twine through label and adhere to bag.
- 8. Fill cellophane bag with treats and place inside cover. Tie closed with ribbon.