Adorable, easy-to-paint wooden snowmen can be displayed or reused throughout the winter season.
- Midwest Products Co., Inc. Basswood: 3/16”x3/8”x24”, 1/8”x3”x24”
- Glossy royal blue gift bag
- White cardstock
- Papers: black-and-white gingham, blue-and-white snowflake print
- Small black brads, 18
- Black alphabet stickers
- Black-and-white gingham ribbon
- Drill with bits: 1/16”, 3/16”
- Midwest Products Co., Inc. Easy Cutter Tool
- Acrylic paints: white, black, orange
- Black dye ink pad
- Adhesives: paper glue, glue gun and glue sticks, Plaid Paper Mod Podge
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, black fine-tip marker, fine-grit sandpaper, foam brush, round paintbrush
- Prepare Wood
- 1. Cut three 4-1/2" lengths from wide basswood strip. Cut one 6" length from same piece for tag. Cut two corners from 6" piece to create tag shape; set aside.
- 2. Cut three 4" lengths from narrow basswood strip. Cut three corners from remainder of same piece for snowman noses.
- 3. Sand all pieces. Using round brush, paint 4-1/2" pieces white, 4" pieces black, and noses orange. Let dry.
- 4. Cut three 3"x2-1/2" gingham paper pieces. Adhere pieces to top half of each white snowman for hats. Adhere black wooden hat bands across snowmen as shown; let dry.
- 5. Using drill and 1/16" bit, drill four holes for mouth and two holes for eyes in each snowman. Insert brads; bend ends at back to secure. Adhere nose to face. Draw eyebrows with marker.
- 6. Cut three 2-1/2"x1-1/2" white cardstock strips; ink edges and adhere to hats.
- 7. Ink bottom edges of snowmen.
- 1. Make 5"x6-1/2" white side-fold card. Cut 5"x6-1/2" snowflake paper panel; adhere to card.
- 2. Adhere snowman to center of card using glue gun.
- 3. Cut three 5" ribbon lengths; adhere two lengths to top and bottom of card. Knot remaining length in center; adhere beneath snowman's chin.
- 4. Apply stickers to white cardstock to spell "Winter Wishes."
- 1. Trace basswood tag onto back of snowflake paper; cut out paper tag and adhere to wood tag using Mod Podge and foam brush. Let dry. Ink tag edges.
- 2. Using drill and 3/16" bit, drill hole in top of tag.
- 3. Adhere snowman to center of tag using glue gun.
- 4. Cut two 5" ribbon lengths. Thread one length through hole in tag; knot ends together. Knot remaining length in center; adhere beneath snowman's chin.
- 5. Apply stickers to white cardstock to spell "to" and "from."
- Gift Bag
- 1. Cut 4"x5" snowflake paper panel; ink edges and adhere to gift bag.
- 2. Adhere snowman to center of snowflake paper using glue gun.
- 3. Cut 6" ribbon length. Knot center and adhere beneath snowman's chin.
- 4. Apply stickers to white cardstock to spell "For You."
- 1. Adhere a magnet to the back of the snowman before adhering to surface with double-sided tape. Recipient can add it to the fridge for a fun winter decoration.