Sprinkled With Fun Card
Add dimension and a new texture to your cards. Premo! Sculpey-embellished cards are safe for mailing and they're quite a conversation piece.
Sprinkled With Fun
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay: Orange, White, Bright Green Pearl
- White cardstock
- Doodlebug Design Sugar and Spice Collection 6”x6” Paper Pad
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Conditioning Machine
- Ceramic tile
- Martha Stewart Crafts Embroidery Deep Edge Punch
- Stamps: Penny Black Sweet Thing; Hero Arts Cupcakes Clear Set, Birthday Clear Set
- Large acrylic block
- Tsukineko Ink Pads: StazOn Jet Black; Brilliance Dew Drop Pearlescent Rust, Pearlescent Ivy
- Watercolor pencils
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, 3M Scotch Brand Quick-Dry Adhesive
- paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, craft knife, small paintbrush, toothpick
- 1. Size is 4-1/4"x5-1/2"
- 1. Start with clean hands and work surface. Good work surfaces include waxed paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean hands between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275°F for 30 minutes per 1/4" of thickness. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. Do not use microwave oven. Do not exceed above temperature or recommended baking time. Wash hands after use.
- 1. Begin by preheating oven to 275°F. Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay.
- 2. For best results, condition all clay by running it through Clay Conditioning Machine several passes on widest setting. Fold clay in half after each pass and insert folded side into rollers first.
- 3. Mix large pinch of White clay with half of Orange clay to create marbled color. With Clay Conditioning Machine on #2 setting, roll marbled clay into long sheet. Place sheet on ceramic tile.
- 4. Stamp black cupcake row image onto clay sheet. Using craft knife, trim around top of cupcakes. Trim strip to 4-1/4" long; leave clay on tile and set aside.
- 5. Roll ball of marbled orange clay same size as cherry on top of Sweet Thing stamp cupcake. Place on tile with stamped cupcake border; be sure pieces do not touch. Roll six tiny Orange balls and six tiny Bright Green Pearl balls same size as trim on cupcake border. Place tiny balls on tile; be sure pieces do not touch. Use toothpick to indent center of each tiny ball. Bake as directed above. Allow to cool and set aside.
- 6. Stamp black Sweet Thing image onto white cardstock; let dry. Color image with watercolor pencils; paint over colors with water to create blended effect. Let dry. Detail cut image.
- 7. Make 4-1/4"x5-1/2" white side-fold card. Cut 4-1/4"x5-1/2" green paper panel; ink edges Ivy and adhere to card front.
- 8. Stamp black sentiment onto orange paper; ink edges Rust. Mat sentiment on larger orange paper piece; ink edges Rust and adhere to card as shown.
- 9. Border punch orange paper strip; trim to 4-1/4" long and adhere to top of card. Adhere girl image to card as shown.
- 10. Adhere clay pieces to card with Quick-Dry Adhesive; let dry.
- 1. Coat stamped cupcake with adhesive and sprinkle with ultra-fine glitter for a sugary look.