Cardstock, 8-1/2”x11”: white, white glossy, light blue, brown
Acetate transparency sheet, 8-1/2”x11”
Making Memories glass bottle
Charms: number, key
White seam binding
Stamps: Memory Box Fine Fern Print and Journey Collage, Serendipity Stamps Large Pussy Willow, Verses Rubber Stamps Mustard Seed, Stampabilities Dragonfly
Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator, Felt, and Blending Solution
Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Butterscotch, Lettuce, Caramel, Juniper, Cloudy Blue, Aqua
Ranger Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Distress Ink re-inker
Tsukineko ink pads: VersaFine Onyx Black pigment; VersaMark watermark; StazOn Jet Black and Timber Brown solvent
Signo Uni-Ball White gel pen
Adhesives: paper adhesive, clear dots, foam dots
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, small mister bottle
1. Drip alcohol blending solution onto acetate sheet and smear to create thin layer over entire sheet.
2. Squeeze and drip a line of Butterscotch alcohol ink down length of acetate. Repeat with remaining alcohol inks, spacing ink lines 1/4" apart. See photo for ink order.
3. The blending solution layer should cause the inks to blend immediately. If more blended look is desired, lay a second sheet of acetate over first and gently "smoosh" them together. Peel away top layer and use both sheets to create backgrounds. See photo. Let ink dry until slightly tacky.
4. Ink script background stamp with watermark ink and carefully stamp into alcohol inks on first acetate sheet. Stamp image onto glossy cardstock.
5. Ink fern stamp with watermark ink and stamp over script image left behind on inked acetate sheet. Stamp image onto glossy cardstock over script background.
6. Place another sheet of glossy cardstock over remaining ink on "stamped" acetate sheet and let sit until almost dry; carefully pull sheets apart.
Mustard Seed Card
1. Cut 3-1/2"x4" piece from acetate sheet where images were stamped.
2. Cut a 3-3/4"x4-1/4" white cardstock piece; stamp Onyx Black sentiment.
3. Adhere acetate over sentiment using paper adhesive behind textured areas; dots are more likely to show.
4. Make white side-fold card base. Cut 5-1/4"-square blue piece and adhere to card. Cut 3-3/4"x4" brown piece and adhere to card.
5. Fill mini bottle with seeds, inserting clear dot inside mouth to keep bottle closed. Tie twine around right side of card and attach seed bottle.
6. Adhere stamped panel with foam dots, overlapping twine and brown cardstock.
1. Cut stamped fern/script background to 3-3/4"x4-1/4"; double mat on 4"x4-1/2" brown and 5-1/4"-square blue cardstock. Adhere to brown side-fold card.
1. Dye seam binding with Peeled Paint re-inker added to water in mini mister bottle; spray ribbon evenly and let dry completely. Accent card with seam binding tied in knot with twine bow and charms.
2. Stamp dragonfly on un-inked side of acetate background using black StazOn ink. Detail cut image and adhere to card with clear dot.
Pussy Willow Scrap
1. Cut a section of leftover glossy cardstock created in Background Step 6.
2. Drip five drops of alcohol blending solution onto felt applicator and randomly dab onto background to create bubbled effect. Let dry.
3. Stamp Timber Brown pussy willows image onto background; let dry. Accent image with white gel pen.
4. Use background on a card of your own design.
1. StazOn solvent ink can be stamped onto an alcohol ink surface after it dries. Do not apply alcohol inks over a StazOn-stamped image; the image will dissolve.
2. Every time you use alcohol inks you will get a different effect, which is part of the fun!
3. Alcohol blending solution applied to any inks will dilute the colors. If you wash out too much color, simply apply more alcohol ink.