Polka Dot Cutie Card
Polka Dot Cutie Card
- Cardstock (Prism Papers): Rose; Dark Brown; Simply Smooth White
- Everyday Collection paper (American Crafts): Gidday; Word
- Lightweight scrap paper or sticky note
- Tiny adhesive pearls (KaiserCraft): pink; pale green
- Rose grosgrain ribbon, 3/8”-wide
- Small white crocheted flower, 1-3/4” diameter
- Brown embroidery floss
- Yellow button, 3/4” diameter
- Stamps (Stamping Bella): Maisy Ketto; Maisy Ketto’s Flowers; Hello Dear Friend sentiment
- Memento dye ink pads (Tsukineko): Rich Cocoa; Dandelion; Pear Tart; Angel Pink
- COPIC markers (Imagination International)
- COPIC Airbrush System (Imagination International)
- Detail scissors
- Embroidery needle
- Stickles Diamond glitter glue (Ranger)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals adhesive dots (Stampin’ Up!)
- 1. Make rose top fold card base. Cut 3-3/4"x4-7/8" polka dot paper piece and mat on brown cardstock. Cut 1-1/4"x3-3/4" striped paper piece; adhere over bottom of dot paper. Wrap ribbon around layered papers, over top of striped strip. Adhere to card.
- 2. Stamp Rich Cocoa image on white cardstock; color with markers, using photo and papers as guides. Stamp image a second time on scrap paper or over adhesive area of sticky note. Use detail scissors to cut out second image, creating a mask. Temporarily adhere mask over colored image and use airbrush and marker YR31 (pale yellow) to create golden glow around fairy; remove mask.
- 3. Apply glitter glue over wings, flower center and dots around flower; let dry. Apply alternating pearls to crown tips.
- 4. Trim image to 2-3/8"x3-1/2"; mat on brown cardstock. Cut 5/8"x2-3/8" striped paper strip and adhere across bottom of image. Wrap ribbon around layered papers, allowing ends to extend to left side of card. Tie ribbon ends together using brown embroidery floss; leave ends long.
- 5. Sew button to flower with brown floss, knot floss ends at center of button; trim excess. Use dimensional adhesive dots to adhere image panel to card. Adhere flower as shown.
- 6. Cut 3-3/4"x4-7/8" white cardstock panel for inside of card. Stamp Rich Cocoa sentiment at center. Stamp two medium Dandelion flowers at opposite sides of panel, near upper left side and lower right corner. Stamp small Pear Tart flower and large Angel Pink flower nearby to create three-flower clusters. Stamp a few more small Pear Tart flowers near top and bottom of panel, allowing images to extend off edges of card stock. Adhere panel inside card.
- 1. Not ready to spring for the Copic Airbrush System? Use a dauber to rub pale yellow chalk around the image for a similar glow effect.
- 2. For a different look, substitute a silk or paper blossom for the crocheted flower.
- 3. This darling fairy would make an ideal birthday party theme for little girls! Think party hats, goodie bags, place cards, cupcake picks and more.