Pattern - Elephant "Love Letters" Card
- 1. Measure and cut 5-3/4"x10 pink paper rectangle. Fold rectangle in half, creating 5-3/4"x5" card.
- 2. Print out patterns. Transfer elephant shape onto folded card.
- 3. Measure and cut two 1/2" (cheeks) and two 1-1/4" (toenails) heart shapes from red paper. Cut points from toenail hearts. Adhere cheeks and toenails on elephant.
- 4. Use black marker to add details and draw outline around elephant.
- 5. For trunk, measure and cut 3/4"x4" pink paper rectangle. Fold top edge 1/2" to back. Cut 1-1/4" red paper heart (nostrils). Cut point from nostril heart. Adhere nostrils on trunk. Adhere folded edge of trunk between cheeks. Adhere wiggle eyes above trunk.
- 6. Use black marker to write "An Elephant Never Forgets" on white saying. Adhere saying above elephant. Write "How Wonderful You Are!" on red heart. Adhere heart inside card.
- 1. When working with a group of younger kids, trace and cut patterns out ahead of time. Have kids decorate elephants with stickers and write messages inside using marker.