Melting Pot Valentines
sizes: 4-1/4"x5-1/2" or 4-1/2"x6-1/4"
- For pair of featured cards
- Cardstock: red; black; white
- Coordinating Wild Asparagus Collection patterned (My Mind's Eye)
- Sheer plaid ribbon
- Melting Pot*
- Melt Art UTEE*: Fuchsia Brightz; Flex
- Emboss it Clear Ink Reinker*
- Stamps: Tim Holtz Collection Love Collage (Stampers Anonymous); Harlequin Diamonds (Postmodern Design); One Penney Plates 2 and 4 (Paper Artsy)
- Ink pads*: Jet Black Archival; Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick, Aged Mahogany, Fired Brick, Mustard Seed
- Perfect Pearls*: Perfect Gold; Perfect Bronze
- Inkssentials Matte Accents*
- Suze Weinberg's Beadazzles*: Tango; Hot Pants
- Inkssentials tools*: Non-Stick Craft Sheet; Heatit Craft Tool; Blending Foam
- Niji Waterbrush (Yasutomo)
- Small scalloped oval punch
- *Products by Ranger
- Melting Pot Basics
- 1. Preheat empty Melting Pot with lid on at UTEE setting (340º) for five to ten minutes.
- 2. Fill pot with UTEE to MAX line and heat with lid on; to avoid air bubbles, do not stir while melting.
- 3. Once UTEE is melted, add 1/8 to 1/4 scoop of Melt Art UTEE Flex to provide projects extra strength and flexibility. Stir melted Flex into melted UTEE with Melt Art Kool Toolz spatula.
- 4. For marbled effect, melt colors in separate areas of pot without stirring. Gently marble colors with tip of spatula.
- 5. Always work over an Inkssentials Non- Stick Craft Sheet.
- 6. UTEE is easily removed from cool Melting Pot when new. To clean older pot, use spatula to scrape UTEE onto non-stick craft sheet. Wipe pot thoroughly with paper towels before turning off.
- General Instructions
- 1. To create heart on Bank card, use finger to ink inside of cookie cutter with embossing ink. Follow Basics above to melt and pour UTEE into cookie cutter, filling 1/8" to 1/4" deep.
- 2. To create cutout heart on Happy card, follow Basics above to melt and pour UTEE directly onto craft sheet. Immediately press cookie cutter into UTEE; no need to ink cookie cutter first. When UTEE begins to cool, gently push down on cutter and up from center bottom to release cutter and shape.
- 3. To add texture to heart, gently heat shape with Craft Tool and stamp un-inked image into melted surface; remove stamp when UTEE is cool. Highlight texture using Niji Waterbrush and Perfect Pearls.
- Bank of True Love Card
- 1. Make 4-1/4"x5-1/2" top-fold black card. Cut 3"x4-1/4" patterned paper piece and stamp Jet Black collage image at center. Mask left side of image and stamp Jet Black diamonds.
- 2. Use Blending Foam to sponge Fired Brick, Worn Lipstick and Mustard Seed inks over images. Mat panel on red, then white, cardstock. Adhere to card.
- 3. Cut ribbon length and adhere to lower right corner of stamped panel. Adhere UTEE heart over ribbon.
- Think Happy Thoughts Card
- 1. Make 4-1/2"x6-1/4" side-fold red card. Cut slightly smaller patterned paper piece and adhere to card. Cut 3-1/4"x5" patterned paper piece and stamp with Jet Black images.
- 2. Use Blending foam to sponge Worn Lipstick and Mahogany inks around edges of stamped panel. Mat panel on black, then red, cardstock. Adhere to card.
- 3. Apply Matte Accents to top of UTEE cut-out heart; sprinkle with beads. Punch small oval from patterned paper and stamp Jet Black sentiment. Sponge Distress Inks around edges.
- 4. Place UTEE cut-out heart on craft sheet with paper oval overlapping one edge. Use spatula to drizzle UTEE over edge to seal paper in place; let cool completely. Adhere UTEE element to card.