Hooray for You Card
Hooray For You Card
- Core Essentials ColorCore cardstock (Core’dinations): Tank; Heartfelt
- Grid paper
- Muslin fabric scrap
- Red/pink variegated picot-edge ribbon
- Dark pink mini sparkle brads
- Stamps (Hero Arts): Floating Leaf Pattern Design Block; From the Heart Greetings
- Black VersaFine pigment ink pad (Tsukineko)
- Adirondack Lettuce Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger)
- Punches: 1-1/2”, 1-5/8” circles; tiny flower
- Sewing machine and green thread
- Paper piercer or needle and mat
- 1. Make top-fold green card base. Cut 5" grid paper square and adhere center to card front; zig zag stitch paper edges.
- 2. Generously "ink" leaves background stamp with paint dabber. Stamp fabric; let dry. Cut fabric slightly smaller than grid paper and pull threads from each edge for frayed look. Lightly adhere fabric to card here and there; too much adhesive will make sewing machine needle sticky.
- 3. Sew lines of stitching down each stem on stamped image; lines need not be perfect and some variation adds charm.
- 4. Stamp sentiment on grid paper; punch into 1-1/2" circle. Punch 1-5/8" pink card stock circle. Adhere circles together before adhering to card as shown.
- 5. Punch several flowers from pink cardstock. Pierce hole in center of each flower and in card front where flowers will be placed. Secure flowers to card with brads; slightly bend petals forward for dimension.
- 6. Tie ribbon into bow around card fold.