paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, heat tool, sewing needle
1. Make cream top-fold card.
2. Cut the following paper pieces: 4-1/2"x4-1/2" blue, 2-3/4"x1-1/2" yellow, 1-1/2"x4-1/2" red. Die cut two yellow hearts, one blue, and one red.
3. Stamp and clear emboss sentiment onto blue panel; color heart red. Adhere paper strips to blue panel as shown; zigzag stitch left and right edges of red strip, and top and bottom edges of yellow strip.
4. Adhere hearts to panel by straight stitching down center of each heart. Hand-sew button to each heart with white string. Slightly lift heart edges to add dimension.
5. Stamp butterfly onto blue panel, overlapping yellow strip. Stamp again onto cream cardstock. Color image with markers; detail cut image, cutting away antennae. Adhere head and body only to blue panel, leaving wings free. Dot eyes with black glaze pen; let dry.
6. Stamp butterfly again onto red and blue paper scraps; detail cut body pieces and adhere to colored image. Slightly lift wings to add dimension. Adhere layered panel to card.
7. To finish inside of card, cut the following paper pieces: 4-1/2"x4-1/2" yellow, 4"x3" blue, 4-1/2"x1-1/8" red. Adhere paper strips to yellow panel. Stamp sentiment and butterfly onto cream cardstock; trim to 3-1/2"x3". Adhere image to yellow panel. Zigzag stitch sentiment edges, along bottom of red strip, and over top of blue strip. Adhere layered panel inside card.