Cardstock (Stampin' Up!): Vintage Violet; Whisper White
Poppyfinch paper (Memory Box)
Linen thread (Stampin' Up!)
Silver brads, four
Keep My Lamp Burning stamp set (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Ink pads: StazOn Jet Black (Tsukineko); Vintage Violet, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana and Sahara Sand dye (Stampin' Up!)
Paper piercer and mat
Cuttlebug Swirls Embossing Folder and compatible die cutting/embossing machine
Circle punch, 1-1/2"
Sticky note or artist masking tape
Scotch Brand foam tape (3M)
1. Make violet, top-fold card base. Cut 1/8" smaller white cardstock layer and 1/4" smaller patterned paper layer. Sponge paper edges Vintage Violet; adhere to card. Pierce border around paper edge.
2. Stamp Jet Black lighthouse image twice onto white cardstock, re-inking between impressions. Stamp compass a third time onto cardstock scrap.
3. Trim first image to size. Punch circle from sticky note or masking tape and adhere resulting "reverse mask" over top of lighthouse. Sponge circle with Barely Banana ink; remove mask. Stamp sentiment at left in open area. Place circle mask over moon and sponge background Bashful Blue, fading to Vintage Violet at top. Sponge lighthouse Sahara Sand and compass Vintage Violet.
4. Cut lighthouse/compass only from second image; cut around bird. Color image in same way and adhere over first image with foam tape. Cut center from third compass image, color Barely Banana and Bashful Blue, insert brad and adhere to card with foam tape.
5. Mat image on white cardstock. Cut 3-3/4"x4-3/4" Vintage Violet cardstock piece; emboss with swirls. Adhere stamped panel to swirls panel as shown. Tie thread around panels and insert brads. Adhere panel to card with foam tape.