Bright & Spooky Halloween Goodies
Penny Black Rubber Stamps
sizes: card, 3-1/2"x5-1/2"; candy box, 3"x3-1/8"; treat bag topper, 2"x5"
- Cardstock: White (Wausau); Blackbird, Bouquet, Butterfly and Lemon Lime (Bazzill Basics Paper)
- Watercolor paper (Canson)
- Black satin ribbon, 1/8"
- Ghirardelli wrapped chocolate square
- Cellophane bag filled with candy corn
- Stamps (Penny Black): Frightful Flight (4020K); Spooky Acrylic Set (30-041)
- Ink pads: Memento Bamboo Leaves dye (Tsukineko); VersaFine Onyx Black pigment (Tsukineko); Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
- Tombow markers (Tombow USA): Black (N15); Blush (772); Burnt Sienna (947); Chartreuse (133); Chinese Red (856); Chrome Yellow (985); Crimson (847); Dark Jade (177); Gold Ochre (946); Imperial Purple (636); Light Sand (990); Pale Cherry (912); Process Yellow (055); Warm Gray (N89); Willow Green (173)
- Clear embossing powder (Tsukineko)
- Sponge dauber (Tsukineko)
- Heat tool
- Corner rounder punch (EK Success Brands)
- Scotch Brand foam tape (3M)
Pattern - Bright & Spooky Halloween Goodies
- 1. Make white, top-fold card base. Cut 3-1/2"x5-1/2" green cardstock piece; use dauber to sponge edges Antique Linen. Stamp Bamboo Leaves spider web at top left and bottom right corners. Adhere panel to card front.
- 2. Cut 2"x4-1/4" watercolor paper piece; stamp center with Onyx Black hedgehog image. Clear emboss image
- 3. Color image using markers; blend color edges with a damp paintbrush.
- 4. Cut 2-1/8"x4-3/8" purple and 2-3/8"x4-5/8" orange cardstock pieces. Lightly rub orange piece with Antique Linen ink pad; edge cardstock with black marker. Mat image as shown and adhere to card.
- 5. Stamp Onyx Black sentiment on watercolor paper and clear emboss image; trim to 5/8"x1-3/8". Scribble a bit of purple marker onto a plastic surface and transfer color to image using damp paintbrush. Mat on purple cardstock; adhere to card with foam tape.
- Treat Box
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Cut box from orange cardstock; score on lines where indicated. Fold in side flaps only.
- 2. Cut two 4" ribbon lengths. Glue ribbon ends to front of folded side flaps at "x" shown on pattern. Fold and adhere bottom flap in place, covering ribbon ends.
- 3. Use punch to round top corners of upper flap. Use dauber to sponge all box edges Antique Linen.
- 4. Cut 2-1/4"x2-1/2" watercolor paper piece; stamp Onyx Black cat. Clear emboss image. Repeat Card Step 3. Edge stamped panel with black marker.
- 5. Cut 2-3/8"x2-5/8" green and 2-1/2"x2-3/4" purple cardstock pieces. Double mat image and adhere to front of box flap.
- 6. Repeat Card Step 5, trimming sentiment to 1"x1-1/2". Use damp brush to transfer several marker colors to image. Edge paper with black marker. Double mat on green and purple cardstock and adhere to bottom flap inside box. Insert candy, close flap and tie box closed.
- Treat Bag
- 1. Cut 4"x5" black cardstock piece; fold in half to measure 2"x5". Place top of filled cellophane bag inside fold and staple through all layers to secure.
- 2. Cut 1-5/8"x4-5/8" watercolor paper piece; stamp Onyx Black pumpkins and sentiment as shown. Clear emboss images.
- 3. Repeat Card Step 3, outlining pumpkins with gray marker to add depth. Mat on orange cardstock; adhere to bag topper.