Gold bead caps: flower, 10mm, 12; fluted, 6mm, 12; filigree, 4mm, 12; adjustable leaf cap, two; bell cap, 12mm, one
Fine gold necklace chain
Gold oval link chain 9x6mm, 7”
Gold head pins, 21
Gold eye pins, seven
Gold hitch and ball clasp
Jewelry pliers: chain-nose, flat-nose, round-nose
1. Slide beads as follows onto an eye pin: 4mm filigree bead cap, fluted bead cap, flower bead cap, shell resin bead, flower bead cap, fluted bead cap and 4mm filigree bead cap.
2. Bend eye pin at a 90° angle just above last bead cap. Trim eye pin to 5/16" and turn a simple loop.
3. Repeat Steps 1-3 to create four components.
4. Create two more of these components with a 6mm bicone on each end. Turn a simple loop on each one.
5. Insert a head pin inside square component. String a 6mm crystal so it sits on outer edge of square. Turn a simple loop to secure crystal in place. Repeat on opposite side of square component. Repeat to create two sets. Make four more components without crystals.
6. String a 4mm crystal onto a head pin. Trim pin to 5/16" and turn a simple loop. Make nine of these components.
7. Cut nine pieces of fine necklace chain in varying lengths from 1" to 1-1/2". Attach a 4mm crystal from Step 6 to the end of each one.
8. Thread the end of each chain onto the shaft of an eye pin.
9. Gently open the eye pin loop and slide all the chains on to it.
10. Close loop again to secure chains.
11. Slide beads from Step 10 as follows onto eye pin: bell cap, 4mm crystal, adjustable leaf cap, lampwork bead, adjustable leaf cap.
12. Bend eye pin at 90° angle. Trim to 5/16" and turn a simple loop.
13. Connect components together by opening eye loop of one component and hooking it to next.
14. Refer to photograph for linking order to create two of these beaded lengths. Open tassel component loop and hook onto two square components at end of each length.
15. Cut oval chain into two equal lengths and attach them to free end of each beaded length. Attach hitch and ball clasp to finish.