Beading / Jewelry
Art Deco Bridesmaid Jewelry
size: necklace, 17-1/4"; earrings, 3"
- Square fancy gold 4-loop connectors, 13mm, five
- Gold bugle beads: 17mm, 18; 25mm, six
- Swarovski Golden Shadow Crystal Bicones: 8mm, three, 6mm, two, 4mm, 21; Rondelle, 12x8mm
- Swarovski Chrysolite Bicones, 4mm, 11
- Gold findings: earring wires, two; headpins, 10; eye pins, 11; jump rings, 4mm, eight; split rings, two; wire guardians, eight; crimp tubes, #2, eight; lobster clasp
- Gold satin beading wire, .015”
- Jewelry pliers: chain-nose, flat-nose, round-nose, crimping, split ring
- Flush cutters
- Battery-operated bead reamer
- 1. Cut 8" length of wire. Open arms of wire guardian to accommodate thickness of connector loop and attach. Thread wire through guardian, leaving 1" tail. String both ends of wire through crimp tube. Slide tube up to wire guardian; crimp in place. Trim wire to 1/4".
- 2. String on three Chrysolite bicones and one crimp tube. Open arms of wire guardian as before, hook through another connector, then feed wire through guardian. Thread wire back through crimp tube and first bead, making sure guardian is facing same direction at each end. Crimp tube securely; trim away excess wire near bead.
- 3. Cut another 8" length of wire. Hook wire guardian through loop on opposite side of last connector added. Thread beading wire through wire guardian, string on crimp tube, and crimp to secure. Repeat Step 2.
- 4. String Chrysolite bicone and 8mm Golden Shadow bicone onto headpin. Trim end to 5/16"; turn simple loop. Repeat to make three total components. String rondelle onto eye pin; turn simple loop. String five 4mm Golden Shadow bicones individually onto five headpins. Trim two to 7/16"; turn loops. Trim remaining three to 5/16 ; turn simple loops. Set two of these 5/16" components aside for earrings.
- 5. String four 17mm and six 25mm bugle beads individually onto 23 eye pins. Bend eye pins close to beads using flat-nose pliers. Trim to 7/16 "; turn loop.
- 6. Open loops of 17mm bugle beads; attach one along each wire guardian on two outside connectors, so loops fit snugly. Attach two 25mm bugle beads to loops of central connector along wire guardians. Attach remaining four bugle beads to two unused square connectors; set aside for earrings.
- 7. Attach jump ring to 8mm Golden Shadow component, along with eye loops of both outside pairs of bugle beads. Attach remaining 8mm component to rondelle. Attach rondelle to jump ring and then two 25mm bugle beads.
- 8. Attach two 4mm bicones with large loops to bottom loop of two outside connectors. Open jump ring, attach remaining 4mm bicones, and attach to bottom loop of center connector.
- 9. Cut two 11" lengths of wire. Repeat Step 1, hooking wire guardians through outside loops of both outside connectors.
- 10. Attach clasp to split ring using split-ring pliers. On each side of necklace, string eight Golden Shadow bicones alternately with seven bugle beads, ending with bicone. String on one crimp tube and wire guardian. Hook one split ring on each wire guardian and thread wire back through crimp tube, bicone, and last bugle bead. Pull up slack; crimp to secure. Trim away excess wire close to bugle bead.
- 1. String Chrysolite bicone and 6mm Golden Shadow bicone onto headpin; turn simple loop. Open jump ring; attach bicones and bottom eye loops of two bugle beads from Step 6 component.
- 2. Open jump ring, hook through bottom loop of square connector, and attach 4mm Golden Shadow bicone from Step 4.
- 3. Attach top loop of connector to ear wire. Repeat for other earring.