Beading / Jewelry
Beaded Fabric Cuff Bracelet
size: 2-1/4"x8-1/4" (fits 7" wrist)
- Fabrics, 1/8 yd. each: embroidered satin brocade; lightweight coordinating solid
- Stiff fusible interfacing, 1/8 yd.
- Beads, color to coordinate with fabric: bugle; seed
- Straight pins
- Small-eye sewing needle and matching thread
- Sew-on hook-and-eye closures, two
- Iron and pressing board
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. Cut 3-1/4"x9-1/4" rectangle from brocade fabric. Cut 2-1/4"x8-1/4" rectangle from interfacing and center it on wrong side of fabric. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse interfacing to fabric. Fold fabric edges over 1/2" to interfacing and glue to secure.
- 2. Cut 2-3/4"x8-3/4" rectangle from coordinating fabric. Fold edges over 1/4" to wrong side. Pin lining and brocade pieces together, wrong sides facing. Hand-sew rectangles together along turned edges.
- 3. Sew bugle beads along edge of bracelet using embroidery back stitch; sew seed beads to corners to fill small spaces. After entire row of beads has been sewn around bracelet edge, insert threaded needle continuously through all beads to tighten and straighten. In same way, sew second bead row inside first.
- 4. Sew closures to ends of bracelet. (Note: For larger wrists, cut longer fabric rectangles.)