Beading / Jewelry
Vintage Charm Necklace
size: 1-1/2" square
- Memory Glass Slides, 1-1/2” square, two
- Decorative paper of choice, 1-1/2” square
- Small photo
- Chain necklace, 16” long
- Charms of choice (Note: Designer used typewriter key, beaded eye pin, and scrapbook charms)
- Tinned Copper Jump Rings
- Copper foil tape
- Tempered Glass Mat
- Creative Soldering Tool
- Bone folder
- Plastic clamp or bull dog clip
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- 1. Place decorative paper, photo, and transparency between Memory Glass slides.
- 2. Center Memory Glass slide onto copper foil tape. Wrap copper foil tape around perimeter of glass slide. Fold tape inward onto glass.
- 3. Use bone folder to burnish foil tape until it is completely smooth.
- 4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to use Creative Soldering Tool with square point attached to apply solder to copper tape. (Note: Clamp pendant between bull dog clip when soldering jump ring.) Use pliers to hold jump ring onto center top of pendant. Pick up a bead of solder and hold against jump ring and pendant. Remove soldering tool. The jump ring is now attached to pendant. Repeat attaching two more jump rings to bottom of pendant.
- 5. Wrap foil tape around typewriter key. Apply solder and attach jump ring in same way as before. Use jump rings to attach charms and soldered piece to pendant.
- 6. Turn tool off and let cool before putting away.