Beading / Jewelry
Green Grandeur Necklace
- Round flat bead or cabochon, 30mm
- Round beads, 6mm, 22
- Swarovski Crystal Bicones, 4mm
- Matte Olive Treasure Beads*, size 11 (502-1714)
- Seed Beads: Metallic Gold*, size 15 (503-1510); Matte Light Green*, size 11 (501-1788); seed beads, size 22 or charlottes, size 15
- Gold-Plated 19-strand Wire*, .012mm (JW09SP-15FT)
- WildFire Beading Thread*, size .006”
- Gold findings*: Crimp Beads, 2mm, two; Toggle Clasp; Crimp Covers, 4mm, two; Jump Rings, 6mm, two
- *Products available from Beadalon
- Beading needle, size 12
- Wire crimper
- Wire cutters
- Jewelry pliers
- Beaded Bezel
- 1. Cut comfortable length of beading thread, approximately wingspan in length. String even number of treasure beads on thread to fit around circumference of 30mm bead. Tie beads into circle at center of working thread; hide knot by passing through beads.
- 2. Begin row of circular peyote stitch wide enough to cover edge of bead. Step up at end of each row.
- 3. Switch to size 15 seed beads and continue to work in circular peyote stitch for two rows. See Figures 1 and 2. Finish with row of size 22 seed beads (or size 15 charlottes). Tie off thread.
- 4. Thread remaining thread end and begin row of peyote on other side of pendant with size 15 seed beads. Position 30mm bead in; continue with another row of size 15 and row of size 22 seed beads (or size 15 charlottes). Tie off thread.
- Create Fringe
- 1. Weave thread so it exits treasure bead on second to last row. (Note: This will be front of pendant.)
- 2. *Pick up size 11 seed bead, three size 15 seed beads. Weave back through size 11 seed bead and through next treasure bead on bezel*. Continue from * to * adding picots around circle.
- 3. Position thread to exit treasure bead on row just completed. *Pick up size 11 seed bead, crystal, three size 15 seed beads. Weave back through crystal, size 11 seed bead, and next treasure bead on bezel*. Keep thread tension tight with no slack around picots. Continue from * to * around circle. Weave back through treasure beads to position thread to create bail.
- Create Bail
- 1. Exit treasure bead, pick up bead, skip one bead on medallion. Go back through next bead, pick up bead, skip one bead, go back through next bead.
- 2. Work strip of peyote stitch four beads wide and eight beads long. Fold it back on itself and stitch together to form loop.
- 3. Exit bead on side of bail. Pick up three size 15 beads. Go through next bead to create picot edge. Continue around both sides of bail. Tie off thread.
- Create Necklace
- 1. Attach split ring to each side of toggle clasp.
- 2. Cut three 20" lengths of beading wire. Crimp all three wires together to split ring on one side of clasp. Trim wires close to crimp; cover crimp with crimp cover.
- 3. Separate wires and mentally label each as "a", "b", and "c". *On wires "a" and "b", string size 15 bead, crystal, and size 15 bead. On wires "b" and "c", string size 15 bead, crystal, and size 15 bead. On wires "a" and "b", string 6mm bead*. Repeat from * to * 11 times; string pendant.
- 4. For second half of necklace, *string 6mm bead on wires "a" and "b". On wires "b" and "c", string size 15 bead, crystal, and size 15 bead. On wires "a" and "b", string size 15 bead, crystal, and size 15 bead*. Repeat from * to * 11 times.
- 5. String all three wires around split ring on remaining half of clasp. Adjust tension on strung beads to ensure both sides of necklace are same length. Crimp all three wires together with crimp bead. Trim wires close to bead; cover with crimp cover.