Beading / Jewelry
Navy & Blush Bridal Jewelry
The bride will look simply stunning wearing this navy and pink choker featuring Swarovski crystals. Teamed with matching earrings, it becomes the perfect set to keep all eyes on her.
- Swarovski beads: Crystal Passions Oceanblue Faceted Teardrop, 24x12mm; Crystal Passions Rose Water Opal Faceted Rounds, 6mm, six; Crystal Passions Rose Water Opal Bicones, 6mm, two, 4mm, eight; Crystal Passions Silver Crystal Rondelles, 9mm, two, 6mm, four; Night Blue Pearls, 10mm, three, 8mm, four
- Silver double-ended bead caps: small, 6x8mm, six; large, 10x8mm, two
- Silver wire, 22-gauge
- Silver findings: crimp tubes, #1, two; Beadalon EZ-Crimps, two; lobster claw clasp; earring wires, two; headpins, two; jump rings, 4mm, two
- Pliers: flat-nose, round-nose, crimping, micro-crimping
- Wire cutters
- 1. Choker is 18-1/4"; earrings are 1-7/8".
- 1. Cut 2" wire length. Turn small fully-closed loop at end. See Photo 1. Measure 7/16" from where loop meets wire; bend wire at 60° angle. Measure 7/16" from bend and make another loop. See Photo 2. Trim excess wire. Hold component by one loop in flat-nose pliers; turn 90° so it faces sideways. See Photo 3. Repeat on other side. See Photo 4. Set aside for teardrop.
- 2. Cut 1" wire length. Hold tip of wire in flat-nose pliers; bend at 60° angle. See Photo 5. Place pliers inside bend and bend wire on other side of jaws to one full jaw width at 60°. Place jaws in second bend and repeat. See Photo 6. Trim end of wire to be half width of hole in teardrop bead (approx. 1/64"). See Photo 7. Place one prong inside teardrop bead hole; hook triangle onto loop created in Step 1 and place second prong back inside teardrop. Gently squeeze prongs together to secure bead.
- 3. Cut 18" wire length.
- 4. Insert one end fully into EZ-Crimp. Place EZ-Crimp into outer hole of crimping pliers with smooth sides of crimp facing up and down. Squeeze firmly to secure. See Photo 8.
- 5. String beads in order: crimp tube, two 4mm bicones, 6mm bicone, 6mm rondelle, 6mm faceted round, small bead cap, 6mm faceted round, 6mm rondelle, 8mm glass pearl, 9mm rondelle, 10mm glass pearl, large bead cap. See Photo 9.
- 6. String one loop of teardrop component, 10mm glass pearl, and other teardrop loop. See Photo 10. Repeat Step 4 in reverse order to finish strand. Center beads on wire, then crimp the crimp tubes to keep beads in place. See Photo 11.
- 7. Insert loose wire end into EZ-Crimp and repeat Step 4. Attach jump ring to each end, hooking clasp on one before closing it.
- 1. Gently bring prongs on one end of small bead cap to point with fingers. See Photo 12.
- 2. String 4mm bicone, pointed end of small bead cap, 8mm glass pearl, open end of small bead cap, 4mm bicone on headpin. See Photo 13.
- 3. Create simple loop. See Photo 14.
- 4. Open earring wire loop; attach beaded headpin. Repeat steps to make other earring.