Beading / Jewelry
Swarovski North America Limited
- STYROFOAM brand foam ball, 3” (Dow)
- Crystal components (Swarovski): Light Colorado Topaz Sew On Stones (sequins) (#3128), 5mm, 800; Light Colorado To paz Round Crystals (#5000), 8mm, two; Gold Crystal Pearl (#5810), 8mm; Light Colorado Topaz Round Crystal (#5000), 10mm; Crystal Golden Shadow Pendant or Briolette, any size
- Gold organza ribbon, 1 yd.
- Nickel-plated Steel Super Fine Sharp Pins (Prym-Dritz), 1-1/4” long, 4 pkgs.
- Nickel-plated steel pins, 1-1/4”, 20
- Silver findings: jump rings, 8mm (or size to fit opening of crystal pendant or briolette); 12mm; eye pins, 24-gauge, 2”, two; 4”
- Pliers: round-nose; bent-nose
- 1. Push pins through each individual crystal sequin, then onto ornament, working from center of ball, then toward top and bottom for straight rows. Leave very top and bottom of ornament unembellished.
- 2. For crystal drop, attach smaller jump ring onto crystal pendant or briolette. Add eye pin to jump ring, and slide on an 8mm crystal, then use pliers to form loop close to top of crystal. Add another eye pin, slide on crystal pearl, and form another loop. Add 4"-long eye pin, sliding on 10mm crystal. Insert eye pin through entire center of ornament at unfinished points. Slide on remaining 8mm crystal and form final loop.
- 3. Add remaining crystal sequins to unfinished areas, covering entire ornament. Add 12mm jump ring to top wire-wrapped loop. Thread ribbon through jump ring, knotting at ring, then again at ends. Trim ends.
- 1. Read "Tips for Success" before beginning project.
- Tips For Success
- 1. Begin piece at a center point, and complete one line around entire circumference of ornament for base line to keep rows even.
- 2. To ensure a snug fit and long-lasting ornament, do not overlap crystals.
- 3. Use a thimble or pad to protect fingers.