Beading / Jewelry
Amazonite Beaded Necklace
- Aqua focal beads, 30 mm, two
- Amazonite faceted beads, 17mm, seven
- Crystal rondelles: white milk glass, 10mm, three; clear crystal, 10mm, four
- AB crystal faceted oval beads, 12mm, six
- Faceted rondelles: silver crystal, 7mm, 11; white milk glass, 7mm
- Silver-plated finding: ridged spacers beads, 6mm, 10; hammered toggle clasp, 15mm diameter; crimp beads, two; crimp bead covers, two; wire guardians, two
- Bright silver bead stringing wire, 19-strand
- Chain-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Bead board (optional) or towel
- Bead bug (optional) or masking tape
- 1. To create design, lay beads out on bead board or towel. Create arrangement of beads 16" long, starting with focal beads and larger beads. Fill in spaces between these beads with medium beads. Finish by adding smaller beads in any open spaces.
- 2. Cut 23" length of bead stringing wire. To keep beads from sliding off, clip bead bug on one end or cut 2" length of masking tape and fold flat over end of wire. Starting at one end of arranged beads, slide beads in same order onto wire, one bead at a time.
- 3. To finish end, slide crimp bead onto end of wire followed by wire guardian. Slide one end of toggle onto wire and nestle inside wire guardian; poke end of wire back through crimp bead. Using the chain-nose pliers, slide crimp bead up to wire guardian and press flat. Slide end of wire through first bead, then trim end with wire cutters. Cover crimp with crimp bead cover and press closed with chain-nose pliers.
- 4. To finish other end, remove bead bug or masking tape. Slide on crimp, wire guardian, and other end of toggle. Poke end of wire back through crimp. Pull wire taut to remove any loose space between beads before pressing crimp bead flat with chain-nose pliers. Slide wire end through first bead and trim end. Cover crimp with crimp bead cover.
- For a step-by-step video on how to make this necklace, watch the O'Neil sisters at curious.com.