Beading / Jewelry
Wire-Wrapped Beaded Necklace
size: 7-1/2" with 2"x1" focal
- Amber focal beads: 1-1/4; 3/4”, two
- Polished amber acrylic round beads, 7mm, approx. 45
- Brown acrylic spacer beads, 5mm, approx. 40
- Copper wire: 18-gauge, 22-gauge
- Beading wire
- Silver findings: crimp beads, two; split jump rings, two; lobster clasp
- Pliers: needle-nose, round-nose, crimping
- Bead board (optional)
- 1. Use 18-gauge wire to create bead frame measuring 2"x1" with loops on each short end to attach beaded lengths.
- 2. Use 22-gauge wire to attach large amber focal bead into center of frame; add assorted round and spacer beads onto frame, wrapping around and through frame until pleased with design.
- 3. Cut 16" length of beading wire; fold in half and attach to one looped end on bead frame. Thread on alternating amber rounds and brown spacers for 6" (or approx. 32 beads). Add crimp bead, jump ring, and thread beading wire back through crimp bead and into last three beads; flatten crimp bead with pliers. Trim ends of beading wire if needed. Attach clasp onto jump ring.
- 4. Cut another 16" length of beading wire; fold in half and attach to other looped end on bead frame. Thread on one amber round, one brown spacer, one amber round, one small amber focal. Repeat pattern. Alternate rounds and spacers for remaining 3-1/2" (or approx. 20 beads). Add crimp bead, jump ring, and thread beading wire back through crimp bead and into last three beads; flatten crimp bead with pliers. Trim ends of beading wire if needed.
- 1. Create a bead frame by drawing 2"x1" rectangle on piece of scrap paper. Position wire over drawing and bend following outline.