Beading / Jewelry
QC: Bejeweled Vintage Barrettes
Transform old jewelry into gorgeous hair accessories. Don't have the heart to trash an ornate earring when you've lost its match? Here's your opportunity to put that lonesome earring to good use.
- Large flat brooches, pendants, or earrings
- Standard barrette or child-size barrettes
- Metal barrette clasps
- White, cream, or black ribbon
- 1. Check barrette clip to make sure it opens and closes well. Cover metal part of barrette clip with white, cream, or black ribbon. (Note: Choose a ribbon color that matches your hair, if possible.)
- 2. Hot glue ribbon over metal portion of barrette, folding and adhering raw edges under to prevent fraying.
- 3. Hot glue jewelry to front of barrette.
- 1. Look for brooches, pendants or earrings that are big and flat enough to be mounted on a standard barrette. Metal barrette clasps are available at craft stores. If you have very fine hair, use child-size barrettes.