Beading / Jewelry
QC: Beaded Beauty Ornament
Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
Beaded Beauty Ornament
- 2-1/2” STYROFOAM Ball (FloraCraft)
- 3 to 5 ounces of beads in varying sizes and shades of green
- 200 1”-long bead pins
- 12” long strand of silver embroidery floss
- Craft Bond Tacky Glue (Elmer’s)
- 1. Beaded ornaments needn't cost a fortune. Here's a quick and easy, budget-smart version we love. Choose your favorite bead colors-from neutrals to jewel tones-to fit your holiday décor. An entire set of these beaded ornaments makes a thoughtful, inexpensive gift.
- 2. To get this look, you'll need a 2-1/2" STYROFOAM Ball (FloraCraft), 3 to 5 ounces of beads in varying sizes and shades of green, approximately 200 1"-long bead pins, a 12" long strand of silver embroidery floss and Craft Bond Tacky Glue (Elmer's).
- 3. Select three to five different beads. Squeeze a puddle of glue onto small area of ball. Insert pin into bead and press into ball in the glued area. Repeat with several more pins and beads to create an interesting arrangement. Repeat this technique in a larger area.
- 4. Continue this process until the ball is covered, leaving enough space at the top for one bead. Squeeze the puddle of glue in the open space. Tie ends of floss into a knot. Insert beaded pin through middle of knot and into open space of ornament, pressing bead down into glue. Let dry before hanging.
- 5. Make ornaments in a variety of colors and place in a glass bowl to display on your dining room or entryway table. Hang ornaments on a wreath or swag to decorate around a mantle, mirror or doorway. For various holidays, use variations of colored ornaments to decorate a tree that's left out all year long.