Beading / Jewelry
Stamped & Beaded Bird Napkins
Stamped bird images and decorative beads create unique cloth napkins for your next gathering. Change up the color palette to complement your dinnerware.
- Light to medium weight off-white cotton fabric, 5/8 yd.
- Beads: white pearl, 3mm, 6mm; ruby oval faceted glass, 8x11mm; silver metal spacers
- Red embroidery floss
- White beading thread
- Bird on branch stamps of choice
- Sewing machine and off-white thread
- Beading needle
- Black permanent fabric ink pad
- Red permanent marker
- scissors, ruler, craft or stamping foam
- 1. Size is 19-1/2" square.
- 1. Cut 21" square from fabric. Fold edges of square over 3/8" toward back side. Fold edges of square over 3/8" again to hide raw edges. Sew close to turned edges.
- 2. Use black ink to stamp on scrap fabric first, then stamp napkin. Use marker to color flowers and leaf as desired.
- 3. Use three strands of floss to feather stitch 3" from both sides of one corner, covering stitching line and working from corner out on both sides so stitching is symmetrical.
- 4. Thread needle with beading thread; knot end. Insert needle through fabric on wrong side of embroidered corner with needle coming out of fabric at tip of corner. Insert needle through large pearl bead, silver spacer bead, ruby bead, silver spacer bead, large pearl bead, and small pearl bead. Insert needle back through all beads, except small pearl bead, then through fabric at corner. (Note: Make sure thread going through beads in opposite directions doesn't intertwine or it will knot.) Pull thread taut so beads are all touching and knot thread on back of fabric.
- 5. Repeat Steps 1-4 for other napkins.
- 1. Position a scrap piece of craft or stamping foam underneath fabric before stamping.