Beading / Jewelry
Red, White, & Blue Anklet
Create this patriotic anklet to celebrate America's birthday in style! Show your patriotism by wearing this red, white, and blue anklet to backyard barbeques, parades, fireworks displays, or any other Independence Day festivities.
- Beads: 12 silver star beads, 12 blue tube beads, 11 red tube beads, 24 white seed beads, 2 silver round beads, 2 silver crimp beads
- Beadalon 7-Strand Bead Stringing Wire
- Silver findings: lobster claw clasp, two jump rings, 1-1/2” headpin, 1-1/2” eye pin
- Pliers: round-nose, crimping
- 1. For dangle, thread: white seed bead, blue tube bead, white seed bead onto headpin. Use round-nose pliers to wrap wire end around headpin.
- 2. Thread star bead onto eye pin. Use round-nose pliers to wrap wire end around eye pin. Attach headpin with beads onto end of eye pin. Attach jump ring onto top of eye pin. Set dangle aside.
- 3. Measure around ankle for anklet length; cut bead wire to length. String crimp bead on wire length, leaving 1/2" on end. Insert wire through lobster claw clasp and back through crimp bead. Use crimping pliers to squeeze crimp bead.
- 4. String beads on wire as follows: silver round, beaded dangle, red tube, two white seeds, blue tube, star. Repeat pattern (omitting dangle) nine times (or more).
- 5. To finish, string: red tube, two white seeds, blue tube, silver round. String crimp bead and jump ring on wire end; bring wire end back through crimp bead. Use crimping pliers to squeeze crimp bead. Trim excess wire.