Beading / Jewelry
Pretty in Pink Flower Necklace
Spellbinders Paper Arts
size: 18" with 2" center bezel
- Spellbinders Media Mixáge Products, 2 pkgs. each: Shields One Silver Bezels (MB1-006S), Flowers One Blanks (MB6-004)
- Glitz Design Pretty in Pink Collection 6”x6” Paper Pad
- Horizon Group Susan Lenart Kazmer Industrial Chic Clear Crystal Bicone Charms
- Antique brass flower charms, three
- Pink crystal round beads, four
- Michaels Bead Landing Antique Brass Findings: Oval Mixed Chain, Lobster Clasp, Jump Rings, Headpins
- Spellbinders Artisan X-plorer Machine
- Spellbinders Media Mixáge Dies: Shields One Bezel Dies (MD1-006), Flowers One Blank Dies (MD2-004)
- Needle-nose pliers, chain-nose pliers, wire cutters
- We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Tool
- Susan Lenart Kazmer ICE Resin
- Glitter: Melissa Frances Tarnished Silver Glass Glitter; Stampendous! Frantàge Essentials Crystal Micro Glitter, Aged Scarlet Embossing Enamel
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Quick Grip Adhesive, USArtQuest Gloss Finish Perfect Paper Adhesive
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, small plastic cups, tweezers, small paintbrush, non-stick craft sheet
- 1. Cut/emboss two Flowers One #2 shapes from pink rose paper using Artisan X-plorer. Cut/emboss three Flowers One #1 shapes from same paper.
- 2. Adhere paper flowers to four corresponding metal blanks using Perfect Paper Adhesive (PPA); set aside remaining small paper flower. Let dry.
- 3. Cut/emboss one Shields One #2 shape and two Shields One #1 shapes from music paper.
- 4. Adhere paper pieces inside corresponding metal bezels using PPA. Adhere paper flower from Step 2 inside largest bezel near top edge. Apply second light coat PPA over paper pieces; sprinkle with glass glitter. Let dry completely.
- 5. Following manufacturer's instructions, mix small amount ICE Resin in plastic cup for approximately two minutes. Fill each bezel half full. Add small amounts glass glitter and embossing enamel. Set flower charm inside largest bezel. Let resin cure and dry 24 hours.
- 6. For final bezel layer, mix another cup of ICE Resin and pour inside bezels to fill. Sprinkle with additional glitter, if desired.
- 7. Use Quick Grip Adhesive to adhere flower charms to large flower blanks. Adhere paper-covered small blanks to plain small blanks, offsetting petals as shown. Using small paintbrush, brush each paper-covered flower with resin and sprinkle lightly with micro glitter. Let dry 24-48 hours depending on humidity.
- 8. Punch small hole in each small layered flower. Add jump rings to each bezel and small flower blank component; add rings to charms on large flower blanks.
- 9. Using photo as guide, cut 8" chain length for center of necklace; length should include at least four large oval links. Cut four 4" chain lengths for sides of necklace; open links and join to center section on each side. Attach clasp and final jump ring to chain ends.
- 10. To create pink bead charms, thread one bead onto each of four headpins; trim and twist end into simple loop.
- 11. Using needle-nose pliers, attach all components to center chain length as shown.
- 1. Look for Media Mixáge bezels and blanks in many other shapes to suit your personal style, including circles, hearts, squares, fleurs de lis, triangles, and more.