Beading / Jewelry
Girl In Garden Bezel Necklace
Add a touch of sparkle and vintage charm to your wardrobe with this pretty, spring-themed bezel necklace. The wire-wrapped hobnailed pendant holds a darling antique image encased in clear resin to create a piece with layers of dimension.
- Graphic 45 Secret Garden Collection Posy Patch Paper
- Spellbinders Media Mixáge Rectangles One Bezels
- Wire: Beadalon 7-strand Silver-Plated Nylon-Coated; Artistic Wire Silver-Plated, 24-gauge
- Beadalon Findings: Spacers, Crimp Tubes, Jump Rings, Wire Guardians
- Bead Shoppe Findings: Hook Clasp, Silver Spacers, Silver Ball Spacers, Silver Filigree Ball Spacers
- Halcraft USA Bead Gallery Faceted Glass Beads (Michaels): Sapphire & Ruby Crystal, 8mm; Lavender/Blue Crystal, 6mm and 8mm
- Small silver ball-head straight pins
- Spellbinders Artisan X-plorer Machine
- Spellbinders Media Mixáge Rectangles One Dies
- Susan Lenart Kazmer ICE Resin
- Pliers: round-nose, chain-nose
- Wire cutters
- Crimp tool
- Thick, white craft glue
- scissors, ruler, pencil, disposable mixing cup, wooden craft stick
- 1. Necklace is 18" long.
- 1. Center girl/flower image from Posy Patch paper inside Rectangles One #3 die; die cut/emboss image. Adhere image inside Rectangles One #3 bezel using craft glue; let dry.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to mix ICE Resin in disposable mixing cup. Using craft stick, drip resin inside bezel until resin domes. Let resin dry completely for six to 12 hours.
- 3. Wrap silver-plated wire diagonally around upper right and lower left portions of bezel and secure wire around top loop; trim excess wire with wire cutters.
- 4. Add one 6mm lavender/blue crystal bead to a small ball-head straight pin. Wrap wire that extends past bead around round-nose pliers and wrap twice to create a loop. Trim excess wire with wire cutters. Make 67 total.
- 5. Cut two 24" lengths of nylon-coated wire and string beads onto first length in following order: silver ball, spacer, 8mm sapphire bead, 8mm ruby crystal bead, spacer, silver ball, spacer, 8mm lavender/blue crystal bead, spacer, silver ball, spacer, 8mm sapphire bead, 8mm ruby crystal bead, spacer, silver ball and four beads from Step 4. Repeat sequence four times on each wire length.
- 6. To one strand, add silver ball, spacer, 8mm sapphire and ruby crystal bead, spacer, silver ball, spacer, 8mm lavender/blue crystal bead, spacer, silver ball, spacer, 8mm sapphire and ruby crystal bead, spacer, silver ball, nine beads from Step 4, silver ball, spacer, silver filigree ball spacer, spacer, 6mm lavender/blue crystal bead, spacer, silver filigree ball spacer, spacer, silver ball, crimp tube. Repeat on other strand.
- 7. Thread wire guardian with end of one strand and insert opposite end of wire guardian through bezel loop. Thread wire through second crimp tube and silver filigree ball spacers.
- 8. Crimp tube with crimp tool; trim excess wire with wire cutters.
- 9. Add wire guardian and clasp hook to end of one strand. Crimp tubes and cut excess wire. Repeat on other end with second piece of clasp.
- 10. Open a large jump ring with pair of chain-nose pliers. Thread with eight beads from Step 4 and add to top bezel loop in center of beaded strands.
- 11. Add a jump ring with one bead from Step 4 to bottom bezel loop.
- 1. Customize the bezel design with your favorite patterned paper or theme, or embed alphabet letters or a small photo to further personalize this design.