Beading / Jewelry
size: 12" tall
- Clear glass wine bottle
- Diamond Tech Luminary Bottle Art Kit
- Embellishments: rhinestones, ribbon, beads, crystals
- Diamond Tech Generation Green (g2) Bottle Cutter
- Krylon Frosted Glass Paint
- Rubber bands, in varying widths
- ruler, newspaper (to cover work surface), black permanent marker, safety goggles
- 1. Before beginning, read directions enclosed in the Generation Green (g2) bottle cutter manual.
- 1. Cover work surface with newspaper. Measure 4-3/4" up from bottom of each wine bottle and mark with black permanent marker.
- 2. Using bottle cutter, score and separate on line.
- 3. Smooth rough edges as instructed in bottle cutter manual.
- 4. Stretch and apply assorted-sized rubber bands around surface of bottle at different angles. Overlap varying-sized rubber bands to create interesting designs. (Note: It is important to make sure rubber bands do not twist; lay flat to create better lines.)
- 5. Spray surface of bottle with Frosted Glass paint following manufacturer's instructions. To prevent paint from running, apply many thin coats. Let dry.
- 6. Follow instructions in Bottle Art Luminary Kit to finish luminary. Insert luminary fixture into bottle to hang. Embellish luminary with assorted ribbons, beads or rhinestones. (Note: Featured luminary is embellished with chandelier crystal recycled from broken chandelier.)
- 1. Always wear safety goggles when using glass-crafting tools. Everyday eyeglasses have only impact resistant lenses.