Beading / Jewelry
Antique Floral Necklace
This delicate necklace has an old-fashioned feel with the use of bronze Czech glass, a carved bone focal, and antiqued metal. Whether or not you use the same components, keeping the necklace in this range of colors creates a vintage-looking design.
Antique Floral Necklace
- Antiqued carved flower bone bead
- Bronze pressed glass diamond bicones, 6mm, 30
- Antique copper ridged metal rounds, 4mm, 34
- Antique copper crimp beads, 1mm, four
- Brass findings: acorn leaves connector; jump rings, 4mm, five; crimp covers, 3mm, four; swirl clasp
- Brass ladder chain, 12” length
- Bronze beading wire, 15” length
- Gunmetal wire, 22-gauge, 56” length
- Wire cutters
- Chain-nose or flat-nose pliers, two pairs
- Round-nose pliers
- Crimping pliers
- Brown alcohol ink
- 1. Size is 20" length with 2-1/2" focal.
- 1. Cut chain into two five-link pieces with one end large loop and other end small double loops. Cut two 5-3/8" chain lengths with one end large loop and other end small double loops.
- 2. Cut 3" length of gunmetal wire and bend 1/16" of one end onto itself; gently flatten. Thread bicone on end; make wrapped loop and trim wire. Repeat to make 14 dangles.
- 3. Cut 4" length of gunmetal wire and bend 1/16" of one end onto itself; gently flatten. Thread metal bead, bone bead, and metal bead on end. Make wrapped loop above last bead.
- 4. Open all jump rings. With one jump ring, pick up loop on pendant and double-loop ends of five-link chains; close jump ring.
- 5. With jump rings, attach chain ends to bottom corner loops on acorn leaves connector. Attach two more jump rings to other loops of connector and close.
- 6. Cut beading wire length in half. String crimp bead and one jump ring, pass wire back through crimp bead and crimp. Trim wire. String metal bead, bicone, metal bead, and dangle. Repeat pattern six more times. String metal bead, bicone, metal bead, and crimp bead. Pass wire through large loop on 5-3/8" chain length and back through crimp bead. Crimp and trim wire. Repeat process for other side of necklace.
- 7. With crimping pliers, cover crimp beads with crimp covers.
- 8. Open clasp jump ring and attach to one side of chain. Open loop on swirl side of clasp and attach to other chain.
- 1. If the brass crimp covers are too shiny, dab them with a drop of brown alcohol ink and gently rub with a cotton swab.