Beading / Jewelry
Mokume Gane Jewelry
sizes: bracelet, 8"; necklace, 16"
Mokume Gane Jewelry
- Nunn Design: Antique Silver Grande Heart Bezel Pendant, 54x29mm; Patera Small Circle Bracelet
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Accents Clay: Peacock Pearl, Bright Green Pearl, Pearl, Fuchsia Pearl
- Connie Crystal 14mm Octagon AB Beads, two
- Beadalon Elongated Silver-Plated Steel Chain, 3.4 mm
- Darice: Antique Silver-Plated Lobster Clasp, 11mm; Silver Jump Rings, five
- Polyform: Clay Conditioning Machine, Sculpey Essential Tool Kit
- Square cutter
- Needle-nose pliers, chain-nose pliers
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Beacon Adhesives Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- 1. Condition each color of polymer clay using clay conditioning machine. Roll polymer clay as thin as possible. Use square cutter to cut three to four squares of each color.
- 2. Stack clay layers on top of each other and gently press layers together. Cut in half and flip over. Stack layers on top of each other. Press tools of varying shapes into clay. Press clay into rectangular shape.
- 3. Use Slicer tool to cut random vertical slices from polymer clay. Place thin layer of Pearl clay into openings created and press clay together. Press gently and form cube shape.
- 4. Slice off clay layer for pendant. Mark clay with pendant opening by pressing pendant into clay. Cut off excess clay. Place stacked polymer clay inside pendant. Use Chisel tip tool to smooth out any uneven spots and to remove clay from side of bezel. Repeat for each circle bezel on bracelet.
- 5. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake pendant and bracelet on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven at 275ºF for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Remove clay pieces from bezels and place drop of glue inside each bezel; press polymer clay pieces back into each bezel. Let dry.
- 6. For necklace, attach three jump rings on heart bezel. Measure and cut two six-link lengths from chain; attach chain lengths to last jump ring on heart bezel. Attach Octagon beads onto each chain length. Measure and cut two 20-link lengths of chain; attach to each Octagon bead. Use jump ring to attach lobster clasp to chain ends to close.