- Polyform Sculpey III Granitex Stone-Colored Clay: Red, Orange, Green, Blue, Turquoise
- Leather cording, two 36” lengths
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin or wooden dowel
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Old or promo credit card (for cutter)
- Parchment paper
Pattern - Clay Necklaces
- 1. Cover work surface with wax paper. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 2. For each bead, roll ball of clay. Use toothpick to carefully poke hole through ball (for cording to pass through). Make variety of Red, Orange, and Grey beads. Use toothpick to make indentations and other designs on beads.
- 3. For star pendant, roll Blue clay to 1/4" thickness. Print and cut out pattern. Transfer pattern onto clay. Use old credit card to cut out star design. Use toothpick to make hole on top of star.
- 4. Roll Turquoise clay to 1/4" thickness. Cut square design on pendant from Turquoise clay. Position square on star design; smooth edges.
- 5. Roll Green clay to 1/4" thickness. Cut center diamond design on pendant from Green clay. Position diamond on star design; smooth edges. Use toothpick to add details on pendant.
- 6. Position beads and star pendant on parchment lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake beads and pendant in oven. Let cool completely.
- 7. Measure and cut 4" and 10" leather cording lengths. Insert 4" cording through hole on pendant; knot ends. For beads, measure and cut 24" leather cording length. String beads in desired pattern; knot ends. Thread pendant on 10" cording length; knot ends.
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.