Beading / Jewelry
Mixed-Media Shrink Art Jewelry
Spellbinders Paper Arts
sizes: pin, 1-3/8" diameter; necklace, 14" long
- Imaginisce Badge Daddies Large, 28mm
- FabricLand Canvas Fabric
- Jewelry findings: Blue Moon Beads Black Steel Rolo Chain, Black Aluminum Jump Rings; Fire Mountain Gems Antique Silver Two-Strand Bar and Toggle Clasp
- Gary M. Burlin & Co. White Plastic Shrink Film
- Want2Scrap Self-Adhesive Black Pearls
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Shapeabilities Dies: Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Elements and Girlie Grunge Labels; Julianna Hudgins Jewel Stones
- Imaginisce i-Top 2.0 Tool and Large Topper Template
- Core'dinations Sanding Tool
- Needle-nose pliers
- Drill with small drill bit
- Ink Pads: Tsukineko StazOn Jet Black, Memento Pear Tart; Clearsnap ColorBox Pigment in Teal, Turquoise, and Dark Brown
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Clear Rock Candy Stickles Glitter Glue
- Ranger Inkssentials Cut n' Dry Foam
- Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, heat tool
- Imagine Pin
- 1. Trace large topper template onto canvas fabric; cut out shape. Following manufacturer's instructions, use badge and i-Top tool to create canvas-covered pin.
- 2. Using piece of foam, sponge canvas edges with Pear Tart ink.
- 3. Die cut bird, wing, label, and branch from shrink film. Use piece of foam to sponge Jet Black solvent ink through label die template to stencil "imagine" or desired sentiment onto label.
- 4. Using pieces of foam, ink branch brown; ink remaining shapes teal and turquoise. Follow manufacturer's instructions to shrink shapes using heat tool. Let cool completely; pieces will flatten as they cool.
- 5. Generously coat branch, bird, and wing with glitter glue. While glitter glue is still wet, press pearl eye and wing to body. Let dry completely.
- 6. Hot glue die-cut shapes to pin. Apply second coat of glitter glue over entire surface; let dry completely.
- Artist Necklace
- 1. Die cut jewel shapes from shrink film. (Note: Designer cut two squares, two rectangles, and two ovals to create sample shown here.)
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to shrink shapes using heat tool. Let cool completely; pieces will flatten as they cool.
- 3. Drill small holes in two opposite sides of each gem. Use sanding tool to slightly roughen front surface of each gem to improve ink adhesion.
- 4. Die cut label from shrink film. Using piece of foam, ink label teal; let dry. Use piece of foam to sponge Jet Black solvent ink through label die template to stencil "artist" or desired sentiment onto label. Shrink shape using heat tool.
- 5. Apply teal ink to all gems; let dry.
- 6. Place gems on work surface as follows: square, rectangle, oval, square, oval, rectangle. Place pieces of toggle clasp at each end of gem string.
- 7. Apply teal ink to all gems; let dry. Hot glue label to one gem; do not cover holes.
- 8. Use pliers to separate chain into five seven-loop lengths. Join gems with chain lengths. Test fit around wrist. Join toggle clasp pieces to bracelet with additional chain lengths and jump rings, as needed.
- 1. To create coordinating bracelet, follow instructions for necklace, reducing number of shrink plastic gems and length of chain accordingly.