Polyform Sculpey: Satin Glaze; Clay Tool Starter Set
Clay-dedicated rolling pin, parchment-lined baking sheet, and oven
paintbrush, ruler, paper towel, newspaper (to cover work surface)
1. On clean work surface, condition clay until soft and pliable. Roll clay on work surface. Remove and press clay into pendant mold; use knife end on tool to remove excess clay. Use blunt point tip on tool to make hole on pendant. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake pendant on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool.
2. On covered work surface, apply Aqua paint on top surface of pendant; wipe off excess paint, leaving some paint in grooves. Let dry. Apply Satin Glaze. Let dry. Attach bail through hole on pendant.
3. Use flush cutters to cut chain into eight 2" sections. Attach clasp to one side, then attach aqua crystal using jump ring. Attach another jump ring to other side of crystal; attach another 2" chain length. Attach enameled bead to chain length and another 2" chain length.
4. Place aqua crystal in center of filigree square. Using needle-nose pliers, curl in sides of filigree square to hold crystal securely in place. Attach aqua crystal filigree square to chain length. Attach another 2" chain length.
5. Place clear crystal in center of filigree piece; attach using head pin. Use needle-nose pliers to round edges into center as shown. Attach clear crystal filigree square to chain length. Attach pendant bail to bottom of filigree piece.
6. Repeat Steps 3-5 to attach aqua crystal filigree square, enamel bead, and chain lengths to clear crystal filigree square for other side of necklace. Attach other end of clasp to chain length on end.
1. When working with beads, use a bead mat or a towel to prevent beads from rolling away. Use cornstarch or water as a release agent when using clay mold.