Beading / Jewelry
Simply Magical Jewelry
- AMACO Friendly Plastic, five sticks in colors of choice
- AMACO Craft Marbling Comb
- Metal Christmas tree cookie cutter, 1-1/2"
- Hole punch
- Jewelry findings: tie tack backs, silver chain, earring wires, jump rings
- Plastic bowl or warm water and two drops olive oil
- Craft glue
- Electric griddle or oven
- 1. Use scissors to cut plastic sticks into 1/4"x7" strips. Position two plastic sticks side by side on baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to heat plastic sticks in oven or on electric griddle. Remove baking sheet from heat. Position two more plastic sticks on either side of melted sticks; reheat. Continue until melted plastic measures 5"x7".
- 2. Use marbling comb to drag plastic colors together. Reheat plastic if necessary. Remove baking sheet from heat.
- 3. For tree shape, dip cookie cutter into warm bowl of water and olive oil. Press cookie cutter into melted plastic sheet. Remove cookie cutter. Continue process cutting tree shapes from marbled plastic sheet. Let shapes cool.
- 4. For tie tack, glue tie tack back onto center back of tree shape. Let dry.
- 5. For necklace or earrings, use hole punch to punch hole on top of each tree shape. Attach jump ring through hole. Attach jump ring onto silver chain length or earring wires.