Pattern - Pear Pincushion
- 1. Print out patterns. Cut three pear body shapes from each print fabric and pear stem and leaf from Honey Mustard wool felt.
- 2. Thread needle with green embroidery floss and whipstitch raw edge of leaf. Baste stitch leaf vein down center of leaf. Tie off. Set aside.
- 3. Roll felt stem into tight tube; whipstitch with coordinating-color sewing thread. Tie off. Set aside.
- 4. Pin two pear body pieces with right sides together. Stitch one edge together leaving 1/4" seam allowance. Open up. Add next pear body piece in contrasting fabric, with right sides together, to two stitched pieces.
- 5. Repeat stitching process, sewing together alternating pear body pieces, leaving one pear body piece.
- 6. Before sewing last pear body piece, use marking pen to mark 2" opening on center of piece on seam edge.
- 7. Turn pear right side out. Spoon rice into bottom of pear until rice level reaches the bottom of seam opening. Stuff remaining area with fiberfill until full. Hand stitch opening, turning raw edges in. Whipstitch opening closed, using coordinating-color sewing thread.
- 8. Insert pear stem into top of pear. Hand stitch stem on top of pear.
- 9. Position pear leaf next to stem. Hand stitch bottom of leaf onto base of stem.