Beading / Jewelry
Mosaic Tile Silver Rings
sizes: square/circle, 1"; rectangle, 1-1/2"
Mosaic Tile Silver Rings
- Tiny Tile Mosaics Amate Studios Designer’s Collection Jewelry Bezel Cup Blanks: Deep Welled Ring Blank in Silver Overlay: Square (50600203SO); Rectangle (50600403SO); Circle (50600503SO)
- Tiny Tile Mosaics Ceramic Tiles, in assorted colors: Mini, Micro
- Outdoor grout: black or white
- Small glass pieces
- Wheeled tile nippers
- Grout sealant
- Mosaic adhesive
- newspaper, tweezers, disposable gloves, paper towels, grout sponge, soft cloth, disposable plastic bowl, toothpick
- 1. Cover work area with newspaper. Use tile nippers to cut small pieces of glass to fit into bottom of ring tray as filler. (Note: This filler layer will raise mini and micro ceramic tiles so tiles will be level with ring blank. If using 3mm tiles, use 2mm glass as spacer. If using 2mm tiles, use 3mm glass as spacer. Dry fit spacers with tiles before gluing.)
- 2. Dry fit glass pieces in ring tray to ensure fit. To dry fit, place pieces in ring tray without gluing; reposition pieces if needed.
- 3. When satisfied with fit, remove cut glass pieces from ring tray. Apply small amount of glue on bottom of tray. Add cut pieces of glass to glue area. Press lightly. Place ring tray on edge of container in upright position to dry.
- 4. When glue is dry, dry fit mini or micro tiles in ring tray in desired design. When satisfied with design, remove tiles from ring tray. Apply small amount of adhesive to bottom of ring tray on cut glass pieces. Add tiles to ring base one at a time using tweezers. Gently press tiles into adhesive so they appear level with edge of ring tray and with each other. Use toothpick to nudge tiles around making spaces in between equal for grout lines. Place ring tray on edge of container to dry.
- 5. Wearing gloves, follow manufacturer's instructions to mix grout and water in disposable plastic bowl. Apply small amount of grout on top of tiles. Press grout into small areas between tiles and between edges of ring tray. Use grout sponge to wipe off excess grout. Place ring tray on edge of container to dry, following grout manufacturer's instructions.
- 6. Use soft cloth to wipe excess dust and polish top of ring. Apply grout sealant; wipe off excess. Let dry.
- 1. Visit www.tinytilemosaics.com to order micro and mini ceramic tiles, as well as the silver ring blanks. Also, it's important to use outdoor grout so ring can withstand hand-washing and other elements.