Beading / Jewelry
Misty Plum Crochet Jewelry
sizes: necklace, 18"-20"; earrings, 2"
- Beadalon Bead Stringing Wire, 19-strand: Bronze
- Beadalon Artistic Wire, 26-gauge: Gun Metal Bronze
- Swarovski Elements Crystal Bicones & Pearls, 63: in assorted sizes and colors
- Antique brass findings: two ear wires, chain, clasp, jump rings
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Accents: Pearl
- Beadalon: wire snips, round-nose pliers, chain-nose pliers
- Crochet hook, size G6
- Polyform Sculpey: Clay Conditioning Machine, Super Slicer
- Drill with small drill bit
- Impression Obsession Cover a Card Rubber Stamp: Tapestry
- Tsukineko: Timber Brown Stazon Ink; Vintage Glazon
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Loctite Super Glue
- 1. Use clay conditioning machine to condition Pearl clay. Roll through on #1 thickness.
- 2. Place conditioned clay on clean work surface. Use Super Slicer Thin Blade to cut asymmetrical pendant shape.
- 3. Use Stazon ink and Tapestry rubber stamp to stamp surface of pendant. Allow ink to dry; follow manufacturer's instructions to bake clay on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool.
- 4. Apply Vintage Glazon to surface of pendant and allow to dry. Apply second layer to darken if desired.
- 5. Once Glazon is fully dry, use drill to drill small hole through pendant.
- 1. To begin, thread 63 assorted pearls and crystals onto bead stringing wire; create slip knot in wire.
- 2. Chain five, pull first bead up and chain two. Pull up additional beads, one at a time, and chain random number of stitches between each bead until chain is approximately 17" long and half of beads have been used.
- 3. Chain approximately 3" without beads then repeat Step 2 until entire chain is approximately 36" long; secure end.
- 4. Use round-nose pliers to open antique brass jump ring. Fold chain in half; thread open jump ring through loose ends of chain. Place clasp on jump ring; close jump ring.
- 5. Cut 3" length of antique brass chain. Open second jump ring; place brass chain and crocheted chain at fold onto jump ring. Close jump ring.
- 6. Attach pendant to center of necklace using final jump ring.
- 1. Cut two 4" lengths of Gun Metal Bronze wire. Thread two crystals and one pearl onto each wire.
- 1. Glue beads in place. Bend wire in half; twist ends. Snip one end short. Use round-nose pliers to turn one loop around top of twist with remaining end. Wrap excess wire around twisted wires. Place loop through open loop on ear wire; close loop on ear wire to complete earring.
- 2. Repeat Step 2 to create second earring and finish set.