Beading / Jewelry
- Glass floral bowl, 10”
- Recycled CD
- Battery-operated mini lights
- Green floral wire
- Orange translucent beads and glass gems
- Fabric leaves or silk flowers
- Ribbon, 10” length
- Jewelry pliers and floral wire cutters
- Orange glass paint
- Eclectic Products E6000 Glue
- scissors, paintbrush, toothpick
- 1. Measure and mark glass bowl into six equal vertical sections.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions on glue to adhere glass gems along vertical line on each dividing mark.
- 3. Glue various embellishments and gems on each section in random fashion. Glue ribbon scraps and largest gems. Fill remaining open areas with smaller components. Let dry overnight.
- 4. On covered work surface, paint uncovered areas with orange glass paint. Let dry.
- 5. For stem, twist flower stems into 8"-long stalk. Wrap stalk with floral wire to secure. Bend stalk into swirl forming stem. Use floral wire to attach silk flowers and leaves onto stem as desired. Set aside.
- 6. Layer and glue gems on recycled CD (lid) creating "dome" effect, leaving center hole uncovered. Begin by gluing gems along outer edge, allowing gems to hang over edge at 1/8". Continue working inward, covering lid with first layer of gems. Let dry. For second layer, begin at center of lid and glue gems covering first layer. Add third layer of gems, filling in gaps throughout, creating dome shape. Let dry overnight.
- 7. Insert bottom of stem through top of center hole on lid. Attach mini-lights onto stem, making sure mini-light battery case opening is facing outward. Pull floral wire through battery case and wrap several times. Intertwine floral wire from case and stem wires. Criss-cross wire multiple times between stem and battery case to secure. Glue stem onto adjacent gems.
- 1. When embellishing glass bowl, use toothpick to apply glue onto smaller areas. Hold larger components in place for several seconds to secure before moving on to next component.