Watch Book Impress-ons (Marah Johnson): Christmas Designs
Red wire-edge ribbon, 3/4", 14" length
White tissue paper
Silver jump rings, 5mm, three
Silver wire, 24-gauge
Damask clear stamp (Technique Tuesday)
Ink pads: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger): Tea Dye; Adirondack Ink (Ranger): Cranberry; StazOn (Tsukineko): Black
Adirondack Ink Blending Solution (Ranger)
Ink Applicator Tool and Felt Pad (Ranger)
Designer For Her Creative Soldering Tool (Walnut Hollow)
Black Back Copper Foil Tape (Venture Tape), 3/8"-wide
Tools: Wire cutter; flat-nose pliers
Matte Mod Podge (Plaid)
Diamond Glaze adhesive (Plaid)
Terra cotta pot foot, 1-1/2"x3-1/2"
Rubber band, 1/4"x7"
1. Let ink dry between colors, steps and coats.
1. Cut piece of tissue paper to fit over top of crystal with an additional 1/2" hanging over sides. Apply Cranberry ink here and there over applicator tool pad and thin with blending solution on pad. Working on paper palette, crinkle tissue paper and stamp over it with inked applicator tool. Flatten inked tissue paper on paper palette and use Black ink to stamp damask image over it.
2. Découpage tissue paper to front of crystal. Let dry and sand tissue paper around edges of crystal front. Apply another coat of Mod Podge, then apply a coat of Diamond Glaze. When dry, use piercing tool to poke hole in top of crystal.
3. Cut 7/8"x1-7/8" rectangle from French Script paper. Add a little blending solution to ink remaining on paper palette from previous steps. While wet, dab script paper piece through ink to stain. Apply Tea Dye ink here and there. Apply rub-on greeting to front of piece.
1. Make a simple jig to help as a third hand to hold pieces while soldering. Wrap rubber band twice around wide end of longest protrusion on terra cotta foot. Insert piece between rubber band and foot to hold stationery while working.
1. Wrap copper tape around two glass pieces with paper rectangle sandwiched between. Follow soldering tool manufacturer's instructions to solder sides.
2. Hold piece with jig to solder hump rings as shown. Thread wire through crystal and form loop at top. Bring loop through bottom jump ring on soldered piece; twist ends to secure. Trim ends. Tie ribbon ends to top rings of soldering piece. Trim ends.