Beading / Jewelry
Snowflakes & Crystals Chain Jewelry
sizes: necklace, 19"; earrings, 3-1/2"
- Prima Bead Crystazzi Bicone Beads: turquoise, 6mm, eight; dark sapphire, 6mm, nine; dark sapphire, 4mm, two
- All About Beads silver beads and findings: star beads, 19; snowflake charms, five; textured rings, 1”, five; stardust crimp covers, two; quick connectors, five
- Artistic Wire Ice Blue Wire, 24-gauge
- Beadalon: Silver Plated Elongated Stamped Chain, 15” length; Small Cable Silver Chain, one package
- Silver findings: ball headpins, 21; eye pins, 10; jump rings, 4mm, 34; jump rings, 5mm, three; jump rings, 7mm, two; earring wires, two; lobster clasp
- Chain-nose pliers
- Flush cutters
- Beadalon Jump Ring Mandrel, 6mm
- Large crimping pliers
- 1. Create coil of Ice Blue jump rings following manufacturer's instructions included with jump ring mandrel by wrapping wire around mandrel. Cut coil apart. (Note: You will need 72 jump rings for the earrings and 10 jump rings for the necklace.) See Photos 1 and 2.
- 2. Create following dangle components by threading beads on headpin and turning loop: two dark sapphire; two star; one star and dark sapphire; one star and turquoise; one 4mm sapphire bicone and turquoise.
- 3. Cut nine links and five links from small cable chain; attach star bead onto each. See Photo 3.
- 4. Open 36 jump rings and attach each one to 1" ring before closing again. See Photo 4. Attach components to jump rings, distributing them evenly among rings with longest dangle in enter and shorter components on outside.
- 5. Attach snowflake charm to one loop of quick connector and close. See Photo 5. Attach other end of quick connector to 1" ring. Open 5mm jump ring and attach to quick connector and earring wire.
- 6. Repeat steps for other earring.
- 1. Connect two silver rings together using five turquoise jump rings. Attach third silver ring to center ring with remaining turquoise jump rings. Attach snowflake to each ring using quick connector. See Photos 6 and 7.
- 2. Create following dangle components by threading beads on headpin and turning loop: three dark sapphire; two star; two turquoise. On eight eye pins, thread star bead and turn loop. On remaining two eye pins, thread turquoise bicone and turn loop. Set aside.
- 3. For each outer ring, cut seven lengths of chain varying from three links to 20 links. Select two long and one short length of chain; attach sapphire, turquoise and star. Select three more lengths of chain and cut each one into two different lengths. Reconnect each length using star eye pin components. Use 4mm jump rings to connect seven lengths of chain to outer silver rings, arranging them with longer dangles in center and shorter dangles on outside Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for other silver ring.
- 4. For center ring, cut following lengths of chain: one 4-1/2"; two 1-1/4; two eight links; two seven links; two six links; two five links: two four links; two three links. Set two longest lengths aside.
- 5. Attach turquoise component to each three-link chains. Connect eight- and seven-link chains together using star components. Attach four-link chain to either side of snowflake using 4mm jump rings. Place crimp cover on either side and close using crimping pliers. Attach sapphire dangle to bottom of center snowflake.
- 6. Working from one side of crimp covers at a time, connect remaining components with 4mm jump rings in following order: five-link chain; turquoise dangle (leaving chain dangling); six-link chain; seven-link chain (with star bead connected to eight-link chain); 1-1/4" chain. Connect dangling end of eight-link chain to outer ring just below Ice Blue jump rings. Count across four silver jump rings; connect 1-1/4" chain. Repeat on other side of crimp cover.
- 7. Connect left side ring and right side ring together with 4-1/2" chain by attaching chain next to outermost jump rings on each side. Attach quick connectors on left side and right side rings to elongated stamped chain using 7mm jump rings. Attach lobster clasp to one end with 5mm jump ring.